2007 Ram... No Start, Just Clicks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteelyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As the title states. I have an 07 Ram 1500 I am trying to fix it. Main issue right now. Key in the ignition try to start and it just clicks and nothing else happens. Everything works as it should.... gauges, windows, horn, lock/unlock, lights, wipers.

The truck has the 4.7 is 2WD. A new starter has been put on the truck, once that was done my Dad stated he hooked the battery up and attempted to start the truck and had a puff of smoke come from near the battery area.

At this point I removed the battery box, checked for any melted wires, and checked fuses. I cannot see any visible damage and all fuses look good. From the research I have done this has no relays, as the TIPM handles all that.

How can I test it is actually the TIPM without going out and buying one?

Also what is this yellow/gray wire coming from the starter going by the battery and going into this gray connector before passing into the cab of the truck.

Thanks for any and all help!

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 07 4.7 SLT and it has a starter relay in the TIPM.