2009 ram 1500 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgekenworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everybody first time posting I have 09 ram 1500 with hemi my question is for dual climate control that is messed up back door at fire wall is broke and also somebody has cut holes in to housing trying to fix stuff I really don't care about different control settings for both sides I have a 2nd 09 truck with regular basic heater and ac can I just switch complete assembly out with wiring anything I need to know thanks

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
No - it is a pretty involved rewiring job to go from dual to single zone or visa-versa. The blower motor controls operate completely different. I changed my 2010 from single to dual zone and it is something I would not do again.

OP
OP
D

dodgekenworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everybody first time posting I have 09 ram 1500 with hemi my question is for dual climate control that is messed up back door at fire wall is broke and also somebody has cut holes in to housing trying to fix stuff I really don't care about different control settings for both sides I have a 2nd 09 truck with regular basic heater and ac can I just switch complete assembly out with wiring anything I need to know thanks
so just to help anybody else my o9 4th gen had some real butcher trying to get the dual climate control to work they cut holes and cut up wiring because of the 5th door on fire wall side of blower vent housing stop working any ways what they came up with did not work. I have same year parts truck with single zone both are same the 5th door actuator mounting is already there you just need to split hole housing down and pay attention to how flaps are and put dual zone flaps into other box. but if you want to convert your truck to dual zone you need to change out a crap load of wiring because that what i was going todo to make things simple because i didnt like the idea of ripping dash out just for 1 actuator when it screws up but anyways i hope this helps somebody