2011 Sport with powdercoated wheels (Kingsport Grey)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgg123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hammy
Hi folks

Just thought I'd share a few pics of my Brilliant Black CC 4x4 with 2014 wheels powdercoated in Kingsport Grey. There is no shortage of black on black trucks so I thought I'd go just a little different.

Truck has about 140,000 kms on it and no troubles to speak of so far, but I'm getting a little rust on the rear fenders. Bought some 2500 flares from eBay and currently getting them painted to match. I prefer the look without flares but not much you can do with rust once it starts so the flares should hide it for another 5-7 years (hopefully)

Tires are General Grabber HTS60 in 275/60/20
Other exterior mods are plasti dip emblems in black metallic, replaced leaking third brake light and spray tint tail lights.

I'll update once the flares are installed.

Crop 1.jpg Crop 2.jpg

Crop 3.jpg

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow....that does look good....paint is in great shape too!!

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a QC? Looks like CC... that aside I really like the look... especially being a brilliant black sport owner myself. I could see see foregoing the stock colored wheels for those!

OP
OP
J

jgg123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hammy
That's a QC? Looks like CC... that aside I really like the look... especially being a brilliant black sport owner myself. I could see see foregoing the stock colored wheels for those!
Yeah I always get them mixed up. CC. Thanks for the comment.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd wire wheel the rust and put some retarder on it to slow down the progress before putting the flares on. If it's running great I'd try to buy the time with the body.

Just my .02 for what its worth

OP
OP
J

jgg123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hammy
I'd wire wheel the rust and put some retarder on it to slow down the progress before putting the flares on. If it's running great I'd try to buy the time with the body.

Just my .02 for what its worth
Yeah it can't hurt. The rust isn't bad at all right now but in a couple years it will be noticeable. Its just starting to separate on the rear passenger fender on the bottom lip, I figure by the time the rust would migrate past the wheel wells (3"-4") I'll probably convince myself its time to buy a new one after 15 years.

I can't believe it runs/looks so good after 8+ years and 85kmiles. Previous truck was an 03 that looked like absolute trash after 8 years, the paint/clear was paper thin on those generation of rams.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The more I look at it, the more I like this combo! Subtle and not, at the same time. I think it achieves the stealthy/ aggressive look of all black in a more sophisticated way. And there aren't likely a zillion twins on the road. Well done.

OP
OP
J

jgg123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hammy

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no can do. lol. sitting on a bucket o parts for my own alpharex based retrofit! definitely the wrong man for the job!! lol.