2012 dreaded P-0606 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Audiowriter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hay guys...
My sig should tell most - I have a 2012 Ram 3500 4WD Dual Crew Cab stock but missing some parts.
I'm in Indiana - I bought it from a used auto dealer "as is" in Tennessee (Shelbyville Auto Sales)
They... bought it from an auction in Texas (A Blacktop company was the last actual owner)
It had 140,000 on it when I bough it. It now has 157,000 - no problems until now.
I changed the oil and filter and both fuel filters and air filter when I got her home.
Changed oil again at 146,000 and again at 152,000. (ready for oil and fuel / air filters soon...)
At 152,000 I also changed the crankcase filter.
At 154,000 - I cut the hose from the CC filter - valve cover from the turbo - and let it breath without turbo suction...
I did not "gut" the new CC filter - but will do tomorrow.
Yesterday - the "CEL" came on out of nowhere.
I got the codes (P-0578 and P-0580 = Cruise Control... - more to that but...)
The other code is the dreaded P-0606.
The problem is - I have called all previous "owners" with no resolve - to find out what "type / brand of tune" was applied for the delete.
Nobody knows...
The P-0606 is the code for internal PCM / ECM "problem".
However - I have no idea what was used to "tune it" for the delete - and I have nothing but the truck.
It starts and runs fine. I noticed better fuel mileage after the CC filter adjustment - but now I'm back to the regular MPG /
maybe a little better than when I brought her home.
The CEL came on at a stoplight - and hasn't went off yet - not blinking - just always on.

Any suggestions????? - I have several runs next week - starting Monday...

OP
OP
Audiowriter

Audiowriter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the CEL to go OFF. I cleaned the battery posts and left them off for a couple of hours.
After a couple of drives - the CEL was not on with start up and has stayed off...
I need to find a reader that can access the code history in the PCM.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Maybe it's telling you it didn't like getting it's hose cut off ;) since you didn't have any problems before that.