2012 Ram 1500 Laramie with no radio or radio harnesses!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thejonhall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Okay guys, I purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie from an auction. I didn’t think this issue was all that difficult until I started looking into it more. So the previous owner completely removed the stock u connect head unit along with the OEM harnesses!! Literally only left the antenna plug (radio c4) and the little usb plug (radio c9)..
My question is there anywhere that sells the factory OEM plugs so I can just tie into the cut wires then connect my plug in play harnesses for my aftermarket head unit? I have all the wiring for each individual speaker. I just need to find a store or individual who will sell the OEM Plugs. Also I’m doing away with my stock amplifier and speakers.

zrock

Reaction score
all you need to do is look up the color codes for your ground and hot wires if you are bypassing the stock amps and running your own do not need to reattach a OEM harness. If you cannot figure out what the colors are then just cap off those wires and run new hot lead and switched powerlead..

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Okay guys, I purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie from an auction. I didn’t think this issue was all that difficult until I started looking into it more. So the previous owner completely removed the stock u connect head unit along with the OEM harnesses!! Literally only left the antenna plug (radio c4) and the little usb plug (radio c9)..
My question is there anywhere that sells the factory OEM plugs so I can just tie into the cut wires then connect my plug in play harnesses for my aftermarket head unit? I have all the wiring for each individual speaker. I just need to find a store or individual who will sell the OEM Plugs. Also I’m doing away with my stock amplifier and speakers.
I think I have one from a salvage yard that came with the radio I upgraded. If you are interested I'll ship it to you for free, just pay shipping. PM me if so...

akrausz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
all you need to do is look up the color codes for your ground and hot wires if you are bypassing the stock amps and running your own do not need to reattach a OEM harness. If you cannot figure out what the colors are then just cap off those wires and run new hot lead and switched powerlead..
I agree.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat