2012 Ram Sport Acceleration/Engine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.Hall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never posted on a forum before, but I just purchased a used 2012 Dodge Ram Sport with the Hemi 5.7. I have loved everything about the truck, inside and out. Recently I had "put the pedal to the metal" while in 1st using the slap shifter and with the higher RPMs I heard this tinny vibrating noise like something was lose and the higher RMPs are causing it to rattle and make the tinny vibrating noise. This sounds isn't heard under normal driving conditions. If I continue to keep hearing it, I am going to take it into Dodge under original warranty. I just wanted to see if anyone else knows or has experienced this tin can vibrating like noise when really getting on it. Thanks in advance!

ryan888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't had this prob with mine but my first guess would be a heat shield thats a little loose

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum!

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Hemi 4X4 CC and Hemi 4x4 QC Sport
I've never posted on a forum before, but I just purchased a used 2012 Dodge Ram Sport with the Hemi 5.7. I have loved everything about the truck, inside and out. Recently I had "put the pedal to the metal" while in 1st using the slap shifter and with the higher RPMs I heard this tinny vibrating noise like something was lose and the higher RMPs are causing it to rattle and make the tinny vibrating noise. This sounds isn't heard under normal driving conditions. If I continue to keep hearing it, I am going to take it into Dodge under original warranty. I just wanted to see if anyone else knows or has experienced this tin can vibrating like noise when really getting on it. Thanks in advance!

It happened with me and others , read this :
http://www.ramforum.com/f44/noise_acceleration-35033/

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where is the rattle coming from? Front, back right, left? Chryslers rattle and leak. It's part of it. Just kidding. where is it coming from?

OP
OP
J

J.Hall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It happened with me and others , read this :
http://www.ramforum.com/f44/noise_acceleration-35033/

This sounds like this could be it! I am a little bummed out that I purchased a one year old truck and can already hear potential issues. This however doesn't sound like a massive issue... Is this a fix that could be done without taking to a service center (i.e. myself) or something I should look at getting fixed under warranty? Is there a youtube vid by chance of the quick fix? Appreciate the quick feedback.

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Hemi 4X4 CC and Hemi 4x4 QC Sport
This sounds like this could be it! I am a little bummed out that I purchased a one year old truck and can already hear potential issues. This however doesn't sound like a massive issue... Is this a fix that could be done without taking to a service center (i.e. myself) or something I should look at getting fixed under warranty? Is there a youtube vid by chance of the quick fix? Appreciate the quick feedback.

You can do it yourself just tighten the joint bolts and check passenger side as well , sorry no vid.
Good luck

nick_si

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram SLT
Engine
I have noise from mine at 1500 Rpms under mild accel. Sounds almost like a pully rubbing on metal. Dealer cant seem to "hear it" Not sure if its the same as yours though.

Maybe legs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good news! It is nothing Mechanical

My 2013 Laramie with 4,000 miles has been in the shop 3-times for that rattle, it is in the right rear and happens from 2800-4000 rpms in my truck. They trouble shot the whole exhaust and finally found a little bracket in the rear above the exhaust that was rattling away. They tightened the bracket and the noise finally stopped. Ram needs to put a tech note in for that exhaust noise and come up with a better design for the bracket. Have a friend hold the throttle until you can make it make the noise in neutral and track that sound down, I had a similar post a week or so ago and put in a youtube link, see if you can track it down and listen to it.

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for posting that up. gonna crawl under mine and look for that. You remember where about it was towards the back?

kpATC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im having the exact same issue. Guess its time to crawl under her and start checking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djse7en