2012 Trans problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie 4X4
Engine
Hemi
2012 4x4 1500 Hemi has 1400 miles on it and every now and then I hear a thump in the rear others say its the 32 gal fuel tank but im not sure because I also have a delay when putting it into reverse. Sometimes the delay is 3 to 5 seconds. I have an appointment to leave it over night on Monday so they can start it up in the morning when it has been sitting and hasn't moved for a while. But it also happens in the afternoon. Soon I will be towing my boat and rv and I am not feeling very comfortable about it. All my cars have not been dodges for the last 20 years and I'm beginning to regret going dodge.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I am 100% positive the "thump" is the fuel in the tank, but the delay when going into reverse doesn't sound normal at all. Definitely keep us updated on the outcome of the dealership visit.

OP
OP
E

Eram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie 4X4
Engine
Hemi
Then I'm cool with the thump being the gas tank. I'll post as soon as I hear something back from the dealer. Thanks for the quick reply.

OP
OP
E

Eram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie 4X4
Engine
Hemi
I am 100% positive the "thump" is the fuel in the tank, but the delay when going into reverse doesn't sound normal at all. Definitely keep us updated on the outcome of the dealership visit.
So I called the dealer and suggested that rather than leave the truck over night I would try to video it and capture it on camera. This way I still have my truck and can get to work. He said Ok but they would still need to try and recreate the delay into reverse problem I'm claiming I have. This doesn't happen all the time only occasionally. My concern is I see all kinds of tranny issues on this message boards and others indicating the same problem. Is there a fix or do I just have to keep giving them my truck until the experience the same problem?

OP
OP
E

Eram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie 4X4
Engine
Hemi
I resolved my delayed shifting into to gear problem!

There is a filter in the transmission that was not properly seated when they built the truck. it created air bubbles occasionally which made shifting into gear lag some times up to 10 seconds. they reseated the filter and I have not had the problem going on 5 months. I have come to love my truck!