2013 Dodge Ram won’t start after rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last month I drove my 2013 Dodge Ram 5.7 down to the mud hole to pull my sons Dodge Rebel out. After I did I decided to give the mud hole a try and shattered my #piston and locked the motor up no big deal!

I got my truck back to the house and tore into the motor which had 130k and took the mouth buying parts online and got the motor back in. I did a total rebuild and It cranked right up but was missing on the #8 piston. WTH I fixed that and it was blowing white smoke.

I tore back into the top in and pulled the heads again and found the head gaskets li bought cheap where for an earlier model so I replaced them new again. I also found that the #8 intake valve was slightly bent which I totally missed the first time. I replaced the valves including changing all valve seals and lapping them.

I put the top of engine back together and it cracks and tries to start but no go. It’s throwing codes P0113 and P0108. I replaced the Air sensors IAT and MAP and still no go. I don’t under stand because it started and ran and even moved it in the driveway under cover to work on! The only thing different is I replaced all the top seals again including Head Gaskets and now it won’t start

I also totally replaced the TIPM with a new one because I saw some corrosion on the old one. And the plugs have about 10k on them and look good. It’s cranking STRONG and tries to sputter but no Bueno!

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Fuel ? Spark ? Did you get all the grounds reattached? Maybe an electric plug did not seat properly?

OP
OP
J

Jackwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Crap I just remembered I didn’t hook up the grounds on the back of the heads maybe?

OP
OP
J

Jackwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That didn’t change anything WTH! may take the intake and valve covers off and recheck everything again? Not getting any codes now but the check engine light is on? About ready to disconnect the fuel line and crank it till it explodes!

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Take it to a real mechanic. You are on the wrong subforum.......

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Old post I found and wondered if you got it running, and stay out of the mud.