2013 problem/please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LonnieP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi. I'm new here. 1st post. Hope can help me.
Have 2013 ram express 5.7hemi 137k.
Had problem getting cat sufficient code,then had mds lifter failure and broke a exh. Valve spring. Done the cam mds delete kit. Then started getting same codes and one time p219 air/fuel imbalance. Cleared, ran fine bout 2 weeks. Then without warning ,started one day, and Boom! Slung rear rod outta side of motor.
Replaced complete motor with one only 27 k . Everything back stock, mds and all with new motor.
Runs like should, but getting both p219a&b codes for air/fuel imbalance on both banks.
Any thoughts experience of solutions found on 219 codes??

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Are O2 sensors reading good or are they laggy do they read close from side to side. If you have a scanner and can watch that I'd see if there are any laggy ones. Then rev the engine up and see if they lag there. Check with engine hot and cold. If the rear rear 02 sensors have a bad lag between them you could have a bad 02 sensor. I've had weird cat issues on ford's where they plug off and give the imbalance code and random misfire codes. On ford's this is usually a cat and if you run it take it for a good drive and use a temperature gun and measure cat temp. If one is much hotter than the other it's likely that. That said this can be an intake leak, vacuum leak, O2 sensor, a chafed wire or exhaust leak. But seeing as the problem was the same as the old engine I'd check 02 sensors and chafed wires. After that I'd check cats. Can't be sure for certain but that's where I'd start personally.
Brandon.