2014 R/T Nav Stopped Working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockshooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased a 2014 R/T with 38,000 miles. Nav doesn't work. Tried resetting, tried disconnecting the battery, called UConnect and was advised it needed a software update. Went to the stealership (lol). $100.00 later, was told I need a new radio.
What are my options?
I called Infotainment. They quoted me $299.00 for a rebuild. Ten days to two weeks turnaround time.
Has anyone used this company?
Will the truck drive and operate without the radio?
P.S. They opened my gum and helped themselves at the stealership.
Thanks,
Rich

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I recently purchased a 2014 R/T with 38,000 miles. Nav doesn't work. Tried resetting, tried disconnecting the battery, called UConnect and was advised it needed a software update. Went to the stealership (lol). $100.00 later, was told I need a new radio.
What are my options?
I called Infotainment. They quoted me $299.00 for a rebuild. Ten days to two weeks turnaround time.
Has anyone used this company?
Will the truck drive and operate without the radio?
P.S. They opened my gum and helped themselves at the stealership.
Thanks,
Rich
When you say the NAV doesn't work what do you mean? What are the symptoms when NAV is on screen?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used that company after having what sounds like the same issues from my nav radio. If I remember right, my cost was higher, but way cheaper then going through the dealer. Everything will work w/o the radio. If you go this route, there are a couple of University of Utube videos to show how to take the dash apart and remove the radio. Being a R/T I'm thinking it has the full console as my Sport. If that is the case it is a little more work, but very doable. Someone must have liked the gum you had...
Good luck.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I just had to use them for my radio. Very fast turn around time. Just remember when you take the unit out if your climate controls are in the radio you will only have heat and air from the floor and defrost vents.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sitneelbend
Nav locked in Texas and no movement. compass, is headed the wrong direction that I am headed.
Ok, the San Antonio thing might be the GPS/SXM antenna itself going bad. Can you tune SXM stations?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's where my nav radio was showing me as well, in San Antonio when I was in Idaho....