2014 ram 1500 5.7 oil in fuel and engine codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmullenex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
P0016 camshaft position crankshaft position
Correlation
P0175 system to rich
P0520 engine oil pressure sensor
I did a cam swap cam phaser upgraded push rods, changing oil now, truck has white smoke not sure if it's from something burning off I spilled like coolant or what. Truck sounds fine to me but in not sure, I bought this truck and been doing a bunch of work to it, havent even drove this truck yet. Now I'm not sure if the system is rich from a o2 sensor on my cats as 1 was loose, my biggest concern is p0016, I'm almost positive I timed it correctly.

OP
OP
D

dmullenex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also white zmoke from tailpipes, I'm assuming it's from condensation built up because on 1st crank it smoked bad when it warmed up and then next start up it doesn't smoke bad but looks like water dripping from tailpipe.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you re installed the cylinder heads did you put the head gasekts on the right sides? Drivers side LEFT Passenger RIGHT it matters on the hemi they are not the same.

Also If the truck sat a while you would be suprised how much water/condinsation builds up in the muffler every time i rebuild a engine on a truck always smokes a while due to water in exhaust sometimes I pop a very small pin hole to drain have had a gallon come out once ahaha.

OP
OP
D

dmullenex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes as I originally put the driver side upside down and had to redo it, now no leaks, but the white smoke isn't super bad anymore I'm assuming it's water, and the oil I drained out and put new oil to help with the oil sensor code will see if that's gone tomorrow. My main concern was the p0016 code because I don't want to tear back into the timing cover.... but the truck sounds good and Idles good I think?

OP
OP
D

dmullenex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tearing motor apart... think it's the timing. Will update

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The Catalytic Converters, when working well, will turn the exhaust gases into water.

OP
OP
D

dmullenex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do know there was coolant in oil but smelt like fuel, when pulled valve covers again it was brown milky but I changed oil. Unsure if it's from tearing motor apart and it coolant got into the oil pan or not but I guess I'll find out later today, finishing it up now

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Catalytic Converters, when working well, will turn the exhaust gases into water.
The hydrogen in gasoline combines with oxygen in the atmosphere to make water. Water vapor is a primary exhaust gas. Catalytic converters also produce some water vapor when they burn hydrocarbons in the exhaust, but that is a very small amount by comparison to the primary exhaust gasses.