2014 Ram Express UConnect radio issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cane.mba

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black Out 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, I'm at a total loss, not sure what else I can do or have the dealer check.

Problem: UConnect Radio drops all settings except FM Presets. Bluetooth has to be reconnected, my phone is in memory on the radio, but the connection disappears completely. Sirius defaults back to Preview setting only, and displays the Radio ID number.

Attempted Resolutions:

First attempt, dealer replaced the RF Module, thinking it was triggering the issue. Claims to have tested the battery to make sure there wasn't a dead cell, or low charge. No change to status.

Second attempt, dealer replaced radio, worked for two days, and then this morning the issue reappeared. Also getting Compass not connected message when selecting the compass button.

Not sure where to look at this point, or what to do next. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
Do you have the most recent software installed 14.05.03. You can download it to a USB drive and install it yourself. I posted a thread on it yesterday. If that doesn't work - complain to corporate, tell them you have a lemon and ask them do a buyback. I went through 3 radio units on my first Longhorn, a new armrest console and countless trips to the dealer before I lost my temper and complained to every single email address at Chrysler corporate that I could find (including a screaming match with a guy at Chrysler Corporate who eventually turned out to be a friend and approved the buyback). The net result was that they gave me a brand new truck - and ironically, it still didn't work properly - until I installed a software update (which is now out of date.) It was a pain in the rear - but c'mon ,we 're talking about a $50K+ truck. The damn thing better work flawlessly.

OP
OP
cane.mba

cane.mba

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When. I enter the info on the UConnect site it tells me no update is available. However, I haven't checked today so I'll do that now.

Thank you!

OP
OP
cane.mba

cane.mba

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I entered the last 8 of my VIN and...

There are no updates available for your 2014 RAM 1500 ST SUV 4X4 equipped with the Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT, Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT, Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT radio