2014 Ram Longhorn: Constant air whooshing sound near drivers seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Walouke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my check engine light came on and I noticed, at about the same time, a constant air sound (like a leaking tire) around the drivers side of the cabin. Radio muted and climate system off. Anyone ever have a problem like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
I have a 2016 Longhorn and the seat ventilation fan makes a whooshing noise when it runs. Very faint but noticeable. Not sure if this helps since you say the climate control is off but the seat ventilation fans might be controlled without the Heat or AC running.

Easy to check though. The switches are all there under the climate control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
So my check engine light came on and I noticed, at about the same time, a constant air sound (like a leaking tire) around the drivers side of the cabin. Radio muted and climate system off. Anyone ever have a problem like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Douglas Walouke - If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here and you decide to address this with your dealer, our team is always a private message away and more than happy to provide support.

Mark
RamCares

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Brake booster leaking? It would sound more like a hiss that would change tone when you step on the brake pedal.