2014+ Suspension Mod Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'd like to be the first to kick off our new HD forum with somehing technical and useful! Since our trucks have the new 3 link front and 5 link rear suspension...what have you done to modify it? Lifted, leveled or even lowered! Post up what you have for a set up, rims, tires, etc. Post up a couple pics for us too but try to keep it to one or two. [emoji16]

Im still stock so be the first to show off!

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I want that mcgaughys lol

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnaflow 15333

How do you like the exhaust? Found this one originally, but was hoping to get a dual out the sides. But seeing your pic it does tuck up pretty good. How's the sound both when ya get on it, and cruising? Drone with the MDS?

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How do you like the exhaust? Found this one originally, but was hoping to get a dual out the sides. But seeing your pic it does tuck up pretty good. How's the sound both when ya get on it, and cruising? Drone with the MDS?

I like the sound, fairly quiet for aftermarket since it has a small blow through resonator too.

Drone is a subjective topic, some people think being able to hear the exhaust inside on the highway is drone. If that's you, you might not like it. I'm coming from 2 no cat header back new 5.0 mustangs and consider drone when the pressure builds up in the cabin and bothers my ears.

So to me it doesn't drone at all and you can tell when MDS kicks on but it just changes pitch, still sounds good.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I never had to deal with MDS and exhaust before - last truck was a 2500 Powerwagon that had KM2s and Magnaflow exhaust.

I still am debating of holding off for a bit till they make a dual out the sides perhaps. I don't want ridiculously loud (guess I'm getting old), but some noise is good. Flowmaster makes a dual out the sides, but after dealing with them on an older truck, makes me reluctant to go back to that company.

Any effect on gas mileage?

lol - sorry for all the quesitons.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Didn't notice any mileage change. This is definitely the right volume for you I think. Good sound but just loud enough.

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Bumping this topic as I would like to see more HDs lifted! Their HAS to be more guys lifted!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most just lvl. My wife is 5"4 and anything more than a lvl kit she will kill me. Plus I plan to tow.. and I can't stand the look of a lifted truck squating under a load. These trucks on a 5 inch with 37"s are big. Don't get me wrong if I was made of money I'd do it lol

jeff n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I'm about to install a 2" pro comp leveling kit on the front of my '15 2500 4x4. Has anyone with this kit experienced anything like steering issues or tire wear issues?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pick up a adjustable track bar, well worth the money, and will make sure no issues with alignment