2014 tradesman manual mirrors to powered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unclejoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, this is my first time posting to a forum. I recently picked up a 2014 1500 hemi. I'm pretty positive it's a tradesman? It has manual locks and windows as well as manual mirrors. I was wondering if anyone had ever made those options in to powered and how difficult it would be. I'm mechanically inclined and not afraid to tackle such task. I will post a picture once I figure out how to, I'm a mobile user. Thanks in advance!

Snapchat-270388408.jpg

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You'll need the mirrors (obviously), a new switch panel for the driver door and a copy of AlphaOBD along with a Bluetooth ODB reader to update the BCM and tell it you have the new items. You might also need the two door modules, I'm not sure if they would be present on a truck with manual everything. If you go with power folding mirrors, you'll need new modules regardless of whether it has the lower end ones (and a slightly different switch).

I've never seen a completely manual controls 4th Gen, do you have a picture of what the door panel loos like? Is there a place for the switch panel?

If you need them, I have most everythign you'd need left over from when I upgraded my 2014 to power folding tow mirrors. I have the OEM regular power operated mirrors, both door modules & the driver door switch panel with window and mirror controls that I'd be willing to sell. I can put a post up in the for sale forum to make it legit as per the forum rules. Not sure about shipping to CA though, that gets expensive.

If you were local I could even do the programing for you, although I'm of the opinion that you can't go wrong with getting a copy of AlphaOBD to be able to do your own mods without a dealer visit for programing.

-K

OP
OP
U

Unclejoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where would the modules be if they were present? I'm going to take some things apart and see if the wiring for the mirrors/locks/ windows may be there. Seems like there may have been some options that got taken off this truck as my hood had the cut out for the hood light, but no light. Also has the wiring under the dash for the driver and passenger foot lights. There also doesnt seem to be a place for the switch in the door. I'll post some pics of my interior. 20200129_091606.jpg 20200129_091616.jpg 20200129_091606.jpg 20200129_091616.jpg 20200129_091624.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Door modules would be behind the interior door panel between the handle and the crank. I doubt you’d even have them. How far are you looking to take this- power mirrors only, power everything, etc?

OP
OP
U

Unclejoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be nice to have power windows,locks and mirrors. I saw a kit online that uses the window crank shaft and basically turns it in to power windows. And a kit for the door locks but I wanted a RAM factory remote fob. Mine only has a key and it's a little annoying having to unlock both doors with the key.

OP
OP
U

Unclejoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what the inside of my door panel looks like, there seems to be wires coming from the mirror in to a connector/harness. And some wires going in to the door where the window is(3rd pic)

20200129_103226.jpg

15803229805814171053690930660028.jpg

15803229921725166371769709986280.jpg

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That indent just to the right of the bit of yellow tape on the wires is where the module would be.

All trucks have the underhood light cutout, but only the higher trims come with it. Same with the under dash lighting.

Here's a picture of the inside of the door on a truck equipped with all the power bits. While this might be a possible conversion, you're going to require new door harnesses and probably new door panels (the armrest on the power equipped trucks comes forward all the way under the handle, which is where the switch mounts.) It will, in other words, be a lot of work and expense. If you can find the parts at a salvage yard, it might be practical.

Inside-Door.jpg

driver-door-panel.jpg

-K