2015 5.7 Ram unmodified 120k miles running great then suddenly starts loosing power and eventually dies when pulled over and stopped.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonsram2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unmodified and very well taken care of, adult driven and operated perfectly until driving approximately 60mph on a dry day I start losing power and I can feel the engine misfiring. Dies as soon as I pull to a stop and wouldn’t restart until returning with some tools 30 minutes later. Truck starts and is obviously misfiring but the engine had developed a tick now. Got towed home and while trying to get it turned around to put in the shop it suddenly stops misfiring and ticking for maybe 2 or 3 seconds. That happened while trying to find a sweet spot in the throttle to get it to actually move and I had the pedal practically to the floor wide open when it started running and sounding normal but couldn’t duplicate the same thing again. Scanner shows codes P0300, P0113, P2172, P0123, PP0222, P0108, P2122, P2127 and last but not least an unknown code U1424. Any help would make a tremendous difference and would also be greatly appreciated!!

James Hally

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hi , did you ever figure out what went wrong . My 2015 ram (same mileage) just did the exact same thing while on a highway. Had no warning signs and no issues prior.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Had to have it towed from jersey to Delaware county pa . And dealer can’t look at until the 10th. My mechanic couldn’t figure it out and said it had to go to dealer .

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Symptoms sound like a bad crankshaft or camshaft position sensor. Do you have any stored codes?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The only correct answers to "are there any codes?" Are Yes or No. Not " the engine is tapping". Maybe you need a different mechanic???

James Hally

Reaction score
Ram Year
He text me back no codes . I am going to go check it myself now for codes.
I am reading there are class action lawsuits about this type of issue with years 2014-2020 Ram 1500.

Attachments

• IMG_0484.png
    IMG_0484.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 7

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He text me back no codes . I am going to go check it myself now for codes.
I am reading there are class action lawsuits about this type of issue with years 2014-2020 Ram 1500.
A class action lawsuit won't get you enough money to pay for an engine. It's more or less to punish the defendant for their actions, while making the lawyers rich. The people who actually suffered losses aren't made whole.