2016 heated wheel on 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I reuse my stock non heated 2010 clock spring when I install a 2016 heated wheel?
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to incorporate the features of the 16 wheel on your 2010 such as gear select,cruise ect or are you going to try to install your switches in the 16 wheel? The switches in the 2016 trucks operate on a different CAN system than your 2010. It's extremely unlikely that any of those features would communicate with your truck no matter what clock spring you used. If you are somehow trying to make the heated wheel work it will not function without the correct clock heated wheel spring and heated seat module. Not sure if that's what you were trying to ask but that kind of sums it up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to incorporate the features of the 16 wheel on your 2010 such as gear select,cruise ect or are you going to try to install your switches in the 16 wheel? The switches in the 2016 trucks operate on a different CAN system than your 2010. It's extremely unlikely that any of those features would communicate with your truck no matter what clock spring you used. If you are somehow trying to make the heated wheel work it will not function without the correct clock heated wheel spring and heated seat module. Not sure if that's what you were trying to ask but that kind of sums it up.

Yeah I'm not worried about being able to use and of the controls, I just want the heated steering wheel to actually heat up.
Thanks for advising me about needing a heated clock spring to make the wheel work. Much appreciated.
Anu ideas on how I can get the heated seat module to work? I am planning on buying factory heated/cooled seats in the future.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 13 to 18 seats will not work in your 2010. They run on a completely different CAN setup and have different wiring and connectors as well. Not sure what trim level you truck is but if it's not a trim level that was available with heated seats and wheel it will not have any of the wiring necessary for the heated/vented seats or heated wheel. Several people including myself have upgraded to the heated/vented seats and heated wheel in the 13 to 18 trucks and installed custom harnesses made by M2mods (a vendor on this forum) or made our own. On your 2010 you are going to need the correct years of seats plus figure out all of the wiring if your truck doesn't already have it. I am also not sure a 2016 heated wheel would communicate properly with a heated seat module for 2010 truck. My best advice to you is to use all the correct year seats,wheel and clock spring if you are trying to upgrade your truck. You will also most likely need to enable the correct codes in order for it all to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357