2016 RAM 2500 TD intermittent A/C issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmyork88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi w/eTorque
Occasionally my A/C blower wont work correctly. I will have the fan speed at max with minimal output. Tried circulating vent patterns (defrost, face, feet, etc) to no avail. There is also a noise associated with it (a "tick tick tick tick" that speeds up or slows down when adjusting fan speed). After a few minutes it will come on or sometimes not until restart. Is this a common issue? Blower or blower resistor?

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Blower fans are plastic. Drive shaft probably hogged out the center, became loose or key way lost the key (not positive about your blower having a key way).

Also, possibly have debris clogging up the fan. The external area just below wipers is prone to accumulate foriegn material and can make it's way to the fan. To much resistance (lodged debris) can cause fan to fault out.

Easy to diagnose with a quick visual inspection. If it's good, boom, made the list of culprits shorter