2016 Ram 4x4 Diesel question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hi guys. I’m Orginal owner, 137,000 miles. AT works fine, change tranny oil every 50,000 miles. Change engine oil every 5,000. Fuel filters every 10,000 unless idiot light comes on.
I have only replaced both batteries once at 124,000. Replaced one front and rear tail light bulb. Def tank dropped and cleaned at 65,000.

My question is I’m getting ready April 26 to take a 2500 mile round trip into Baja California. To date, my regulator, starter, and other external parts are all factory Orginal. My only friend with a similar Dodge passed last year.

So should I change out those external parts now before leaving, or expect to get over 150,000 miles with them? I will probably be at 141,000 when I leave for my trip. This is my first Diesel that I have owned.

Thank you.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think this is the wrong forum to put this, but either way...

If it's not broke, don't fix it. There's no way to tell you when they're going to fail. If there's been no signs of trouble cranking, no signs of trouble charging, etc.. then I'd leave them alone. Seen these trucks on all stock hardware well into the 300k mile range.