2017-2018 2500/3500 brake system issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Gasdude59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
So after over a year and multiple attempts, my dealer finally got the part in and corrected the issue. Finally the "Service Electronic Brake System" warning is gone.
BTW this is the third time it was repaired for this same issue.
The repair report states, verbatim, "Customer back in for ordered ABS module. The original one got damaged due to the replacement ABS motor shorted which was a deflective part brand new. (It was in a few months ago for the attempted ABS-STC repair at which time they tried the hydraulic unit part) The motor was shorted out and blew the ABS fuse as well as damaging the module".
So one would think the module would be under warranty since the pervious attempted repair part was defective from the factory and "Blew Out" the module.
Guess what, when I challenged the part charge (Part 68347098AB 08035030Y) of $432.00, they said RAM declined to replace it under warranty. Really?? A (defective replacement) part tired before blew out the module and it is not covered??
The dealer did not charge labor due to my time wasted for multiple trips there.
So Guess what else? I will never buy any Stellantis junk again, and everyone should think hard before doing so. Adios Ram.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So Guess what else? I will never buy any Stellantis junk again, and everyone should think hard before doing so. Adios Ram.
I hope that means you'll never come back here again

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Sounds like there's a few people here who don't own a 2018 HD truck. This issue is a really big deal and it's complete BS that stelantis hasn't done anything about it.

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after over a year and multiple attempts, my dealer finally got the part in and corrected the issue. Finally the "Service Electronic Brake System" warning is gone.
The repair report states, verbatim, "Customer back in for ordered ABS module. The original one got damaged due to the replacement ABS motor shorted which was a deflective part brand new. (It was in a few months ago for the attempted ABS-STC repair at which time they tried the hydraulic unit part) The motor was shorted out and blew the ABS fuse as well as damaging the module".
So one would think the module would be under warranty since the pervious attempted repair part was defective from the factory and "Blew Out" the module.
Guess what, when I challenged the part charge (Part 68347098AB 08035030Y) of $432.00, they said RAM declined to replace it under warranty. Really?? A (defective replacement) part tired before blew out the module and it is not covered??
How much should the labor have been? It sounds like the dealer was trying to be sympathetic to the situation. You could always pay by credit card and dispute the charges. You may get some/all relief that way.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Head on over to Ford and let me know how that 10 speed works for you. ;)
It's a roll of the dice no matter what you buy nowadays.

It sucks that you're experiencing the issue but ALL manufacturers have issues with components due to the complexity of these designs.