2017 Ram 2500 – Thermostat & Temperature Actuators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunderseven79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anyone else have this happen?

My 2500 got a Check Engine Light (CEL) for a bad thermostat. Had the thermostat changed and everything was fine for the drive home from the shop. The next time I started the truck, I had only cold air from the driver side vents. Took it back to the shop and was told it was a temperature actuator. Keep in mind, I never had a problem with airflow or temp prior to the thermostat going bad then being changed. I had them change the actuator and again it worked fine for the drive home. The next time I started the truck, I was getting airflow through the foot vents, even though my controls were set for dash. I ran some errands and each time I started the truck, the airflow would change from floor to dash. Only now I was getting cold on the driver’s side again and hot on the passenger side.

Took it to the dealer and was told that ALL four temperature actuators were bad, and it would be $2700 for the repair. Sorry, but I can’t buy that ALL four actuators went bad just by changing a thermostat. Sounds more to me like a computer problem. Any thoughts??? Thanks