Temperature fluctuations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JASONB42186

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I noticed my temperature gage hanging out in the middle and thought it was odd as it usually stuck a little below middle. Finally my radiator started leaking so yesterday I changed out my radiator, put in a 203 thermostat and drive belt. The temperature gage is still hanging out in the middle so I put my code reader and did a live monitor of the temperature as I drove. Is it normal for it it to get to 212 at times while driving? The gage would still stay in the middle. It consistently started between 203 and 213. Thanks for any insight

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YUP, IMHO. I have a 5th Gen, and just had a new E Fan installed. Truck is stock 203 thermo. Runs anywhere from sometimes 197 to 212/213. If sitting a long time and hot out will climb even some more. Talked to SA< he told me point blank: quit watching the digital, look at the "manual gauge". As long as stays half or below, be OK.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As long as it's in the normal range you should be fine. You can also try flushing the cooling system and heater core if you wanted to

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck had similar fluctuations. Then the Water Pump disintegrated. Replaced Water Pump and associated stuff. No more fluctuations.