2017 Ram 2500 Factory Service Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Options covered in this thread
eBay CD tech authority (2016 is the same service manual)
Tech authority one day subscription
Tech authority one month subscription

Other options would be to be employed at a Chrysler Jeep FCA Stellantis dealership where they pay for the annual subscription
Community colleges or State educational facilities that have subscriptions to repair manuals, some independent repair facilities have subscriptions

I believe Tech Authority is the only licensed distributor for “Factory Service Manuals” in North America.

Publications for automotive repair facilities from MOTOR magazine

Stellatis has online graphics and wire connector search function
This offers some of the same information on pin outs as the supplemental Factory Electrical Service Manuals

There is a website that offers fuse box diagrams for most years of production ( not just 4th Gen trucks )

Last edited:

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
tech authority cd arent cobbled together. are they good as toyota manuals ,maybe not but most other manuals arent either.
its not uncommon for wiring stuff to be in a seperate book or cd. toyota wiring stuff is in a seperate book as well
I had a tech authority manual CD for my 2000 Grand Cherokee, my boss had the written version. I compared them, they were exactly the same except for 1 thing, in the CD version I could blow up each diagram with excellent resolution so I could see detail not available in the printed version.

2017PowerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a tech authority manual CD for my 2000 Grand Cherokee, my boss had the written version. I compared them, they were exactly the same except for 1 thing, in the CD version I could blow up each diagram with excellent resolution so I could see detail not available in the printed version.
What factory shop manual are you using for you 2017 Ram 1500? Thanks
I have 2017 Power Ram 1500, standard cab, 8 foot bed

2017PowerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought the Haynes 2009-2018 Manual for simple stuff
I bought the Tech Auth CD on eBay with an offer of $120. (Never Buy It Now, if you can make an offer)
The disc is not a manual on a CD. It's a gateway to an online manual.
Windows 7
2024 – 04 – 17

I downloaded Microsoft edge

I opened Microsoft edge

I inserted the disc, but the system tried to open it in Google Chrome

I went to settings in Microsoft edge

I clicked on Default Browser. Then I selected Microsoft Edge as my default browser

On the same menu, I changed Internet Explorer compatibility to: allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode

I clicked to restart

I closed the setting tab.

I had to click: reload in Internet Explorer mode twice. The 1st time the manual attempted to open but was blank. The 2nd time it worked.

2nd attempt

I inserted the disc

the disc launched in Microsoft Edge

I still got 2 messages

must open in Internet Explorer, I clicked okay

Long message, I clicked okay

I had to click: reload in Internet Explorer mode twice. The 1st time the manual attempted to open but was blank. The 2nd time it worked.

Cumbersome, but at least I can access the info

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumbersome, but at least I can access the info

hmm. im about as dumb as it gets regarding computer stuff and i have no problem with the tech authority cd. it opens with IE on mine if i recall. its hard to imagine someone being even dumber than me with a computer. and i dont think you need a internet connection. seems like i used mine with no internet