2017 Ram cruise control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gto64gto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Ram. Once in a while I've my cruise control to stop working but without doing anything it would start working again. But a couple of days ago, it stopped working. You can hit the on/off switch but no light comes on. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks

Davidloveshishemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Mine does it every now and again. Also bluetooth doesn't recognize voice commands. Seems cooler temperature related. Next day everything is fine. Computers pffft, what cha gonna do.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Yes. Mine is the same. Same problem with the garage door opener also

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
try pushing gear-/gear+ at the same time to see if that helps

sdzicz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Ram. Once in a while I've my cruise control to stop working but without doing anything it would start working again. But a couple of days ago, it stopped working. You can hit the on/off switch but no light comes on. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks
I also have a 2017 and once in a while my cruise quit working i have read some ideas from this forum and have decided to try a free idea. ( thanks to whoever shared the video) but sorry to say i can't find it now. They showed tapping the steering column right above the cruise switches much like you would tap a table top if you were impatient about something. Oh, I did this while driving down the road and then I pushed my cruise 'on' button and it came on. I guess I will continue to do that it that way till the fix doesn't work then try the next free thing. I hope that fellas' fix works for you.

Steve

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Periodically on my '16 when I hit the button to turn the cruise on nothing will happen. Usually if I keep tapping the button it will eventually come on. I have heard people complain about this quite a bit and would guess either the actual button on the steering wheel or somewhere in the circuit there is a slightly loose connection (like in the clock spring). Have heard all types of different "turn the wheel this way, tap on this, etc...." and haven't really been able to figure out any regular thing that works except for just keep on tapping the button. Everytime I want cruise it's because I"m on a straight section of freeway so can't really yank the wheel back and forth, come to a stop, cycle the key, etc....
Not sure if the OP is saying that they are running down the road with cruise working and turns off itself, or simply saying it won't turn on. I've never had it just turn off by itself before and the only issue is getting the cruise on.....and not actually setting the cruise speed, just when you hit the "on" button and it shows in the display that cruise is now on and you can set it to a speed.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's a common problem. The fix is to take steering wheel apart and reseat the cruise control switch connector. If that doesn't fix it, replace the switch.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
MY 2019 stop's working every once in a while i push the button and nothing happens ! i have tried disconnecting the batt over night and it still didn't help all of a sudden it will start to work when you push the button that was in aug it has not acted up since ! so i don't know whats going on expt may be the switch or clock spring !