2017 Ram Rebel Rims (Silver to Black)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking to either trade my 2017 Rebel rims which are silver and black for all black or maybe powder coat them. I can't seem to find them in black anywhere even for just a straight up sale, so I figured a post here about it might turn up something.

Does anyone know where to find 2017 Rebel rims in black?

What are your thoughts on powder coating?

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I still have my rims and tires off my truck, wanted black set like the 18s. I ended up buying a nice set from anthem off-road.

Powder coat is nice if u use a reputable place. Also make sure they are clean b4 they powder them. It's is a durable finish though

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I still have my rims and tires off my truck, wanted black set like the 18s. I ended up buying a nice set from anthem off-road.

Powder coat is nice if u use a reputable place. Also make sure they are clean b4 they powder them. It's is a durable finish though

We use a reputable place for some of our stuff at my work. I'm just concerned about the added weight if I go the PC route. I know it's not much though, but I'd just like to get my hands on black from factory.

For a little more clarification, I'm looking to go from this:

KhuRGAmwhVahzR62Y47W_mSgavbVqeZSxn3l2Th53qwzz3APTT_j6n7ugYQLgFNuq_DHJc8wMOZFD0yBkubtkvmBVwFGaqK7CT5ottNnVGHmdf4ujS8OhpMXxs8M11KjFkbKnxe3N3Cty--XHjlJNFuK4SRKcQFXGYazkyPC

To this:

2017_Ram_AllBlack_ExtColor.jpg.image.1440.jpg

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Yeah I like them also. There is a ram rebel forum that I left bc it was non stop BS adds, but they had a for sale part n u can try n find a set in there.....

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I like them also. There is a ram rebel forum that I left bc it was non stop BS adds, but they had a for sale part n u can try n find a set in there.....

I appreciate the heads-up! I joined and found exactly what I was looking for, but unfortunately I can't post in that section for some reason. I'm thinking I need to build up a post count or something similar.

Again, thanks for the help!

Edit: I never clicked on the confirmation email. D'oh! lol All good and waiting for a response.

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not factory but decent price

16C46AB2-5282-45C2-9118-1FF12C29BF77.png

Hope i didn’t break any forum rules......

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not factory but decent price

View attachment 219724

Hope i didn’t break any forum rules......

Thanks! I did see those though. I wonder if they'll make a trade? lol

I just saw another Rebel this morning with the blackout package. I wanted to chase the guy down and ask him if he'd trade rims.

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No answer from the Rebel forum so I'm going the powder coating route. I'll see if they can match the Brilliant Black Pearl on the bottom paint. It's gonna be $200 ($50 per wheel), and my pocket has a leak.

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just dropped them off at the PC place and they can match the BBP paint. I have a before pic from when they were on, so I'll do a before/after side-by-side when they're done and I have the Duratracs switched over. I'm thinking of pairing the AR Baja rims with some Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T's or maybe some good drag tires. I might sell em and use the money for LT headers. I'll see where I land after this switch.

Next up though is black tips and blacking out that front plate.

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tips are ordered, paint is ready to go. I'm thinking maybe start a build thread.

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
What tips did u get? I could've justify $200 for the carven, Soni took my factory tips off and painted them. Looks better then chrome and I had the paint already.

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What tips did u get? I could've justify $200 for the carven, Soni took my factory tips off and painted them. Looks better then chrome and I had the paint already.

I went with the Carven 5". A little beefier and better suited for the black bumper, imo. Every time I see the back of my truck I think to myself "Man, that would look great with black tips". I did wrestle with the price, but it's an early b-day present to myself. lol Gonna do a some undercarriage detailing when it's all installed and then figure out if I want to color match the black RAM tailgate badge to the PS2 silver.

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I debadged everything except the Ram and Rebel on the tailgate. I heard you get more sound with the bigger tips, but with the carven exhaust it's pretty raspy as it is. I want to spray the front plate also. Do you know what paint matches the black best

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I debadged everything except the Ram and Rebel on the tailgate. I heard you get more sound with the bigger tips, but with the carven exhaust it's pretty raspy as it is. I want to spray the front plate also. Do you know what paint matches the black best

I'm just going with some 3M spray on bed liner. It's a decent match with the flat black bumper. If it starts to be a problem with chipping, I'll just order a black skid plate.

As far as exhaust, I'm not looking to get loud at all. I'll be throwing some LT headers on it, but that's only for some HP gains and better air flow.

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I'm just going with some 3M spray on bed liner. It's a decent match with the flat black bumper. If it starts to be a problem with chipping, I'll just order a black skid plate.

As far as exhaust, I'm not looking to get loud at all. I'll be throwing some LT headers on it, but that's only for some HP gains and better air flow.
LT headers?...... Are you doing them yourself? How much are they?

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tips are ordered...

Fedex says they were dropped off at my work on Sunday. We're not open on Sunday, so I figured they'd show up today. Nope. I already filed a claim with Fedex, and they've called back and got my information. They said if they don't show up by the 2nd of Sept to contact Moe's Performance and have them file on their end. I was hoping to put them on today too.

OP
OP
Plankton

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm being a bit proactive here and sent an email out to Moes Performance letting them know that I never received the tips. Just waiting on a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.