Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The EcoDiesel and Hemi engines weigh pretty much the same, don't they? I haven't owned one so I have no basis for that other than what I've read/heard.

If that were true and the gear ratios/trim packages were equal I'd say the ED would win in my book. If I were going back to a 1500 I would probably consider the ED over the Hemi. I loved the sound that the Hemi makes made but it really didn't impress me much otherwise. I'm a torque guy though. Never really cared that much about HP and I have never liked to rev an engine to 4k+ rpms if I can do the same job at say 1,500.

For mpg, my 6.7 gets better than my Hemi and my wife's Armada. It gets pretty close on the highway to my son's Acura TL gets in town (but he has a heavy foot). The Armada only eeks out 17.5 mpg in the best of circumstances. I haven't fallen below 19 mpg in town yet. I've hit 23 mpg empty on the interstate. This is a heavy truck.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It helps with the smell, but at quite the cost to everything else. The emissions equipment is great for sooting up an engine at the cost of 3-4 mpg loss.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mean, it's only a 2,000 lb. trailer. Everybody is WAY over thinking this. That is a tiny trailer and I doubt you would even know it's there unless it has a huge profile like a sail. Just to put this in perspective that would be a small single axle landscape trailer hauling a lawn mower.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mean, it's only a 2,000 lb. trailer. Everybody is WAY over thinking this. That is a tiny trailer and I doubt you would even know it's there unless it has a huge profile like a sail. Just to put this in perspective that would be a small single axle landscape trailer hauling a lawn mower.
Shoot, that's charger territory

1710174260468.png

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha, no kidding! My wife's minivan is rated to tow 3,500 lbs. Think the OP needs a 3500 dually diesel just to be on the safe side!
I know a few contractors and they all love minivans

Stowngo the rear seats and you can load up whole sheets of plywood