2018 3.6 P0020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebull55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentstar
I have a 2018 1500 with a 3.6 pentstar. I keep getting a CEL and the only code that comes up is P0020. I had the oil changed again and an oil pressure sensor changed. The light was off for a couple months, but now it back. Truck runs perfectly and gas mileage never changes.

I just wanted to see if anybody has had this issue before I go digging back in.

Thanks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2018 1500 with a 3.6 pentstar. I keep getting a CEL and the only code that comes up is P0020. I had the oil changed again and an oil pressure sensor changed. The light was off for a couple months, but now it back. Truck runs perfectly and gas mileage never changes.

I just wanted to see if anybody has had this issue before I go digging back in.

Thanks.
If this is related to oil pressure I wonder if your oil filter housing is leaking. It can hide quite a bit of oil before you notice any drips. Also, I recall there being issues with earlier versions of the 3.6L oil filter not seating properly. Maybe check the filter itself too?

OP
OP
thebull55

thebull55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentstar
I have been watching the oil pressure and it seems to always be good. I will give that a look anyway. Thanks for the reply.

colter25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a p000c bank 2 camshaft 1 position slow response it came on 3 days after buying the truck. I brought to dealer only 25k on it at the time and they replaced the cam, vct and sensor. 1 year later now the code has returned but now is with p0020 and no other codes. Its aa 2020 3.6. I mean if they replaced everything what could it be. Oil has been changed regulary i used a napa gold filter.

Could that bank have a oil issue? which would be odd cause the other cam and vct are ok. Does a oiling diagram exist for these 3.6 pentistars? I did watch the pids and its slow to respond and laggy but not more then a degree or two as compared to bank 1 cam one.

OP
OP
thebull55

thebull55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentstar
I took my truck to the local Ram dealer instead of the Ford dealer I bought it from. They said normally it is a sensor issue but since that was changed, they would look it over. Ended up being a broken wire in the plug for the cam position sensor. They changed it out and (knock on wood) no light since.