2019 1500 Classic 5.7 Hemi Lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enriquezlox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i just bought a 2019 1500 Classic Quad Cab with the 5.7 Hemi and i have been reading about the lifter issues and the tick on start up. First question, has Ram addressed the lifter issue on the newer engines? Also, what everyone’s take on using an oil additive like Lucas oil treatment to help with the start up ticking?

ramsare4real

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read the Synthetic Oil thread. It has lots of information about the Cam/Lifter failure and the oils that seem to help. According to what I've read, FCA hasn't done **** to address the issue.

The consensus on this forum is that Redline 5w-30 might be the closest thing to a "cure" for the problem. This additive gets thumbs up around here too.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do you have hemi tick? If not, dont worry man. You may want to do uoa's when you get 20k miles on truck, see how the engine is doing, cheap piece of mind. I heard they have tried to some things, but we don't really know for sure, it has been a problem fr so long many of us dont trust fca on this issue.

Lucas stabilzer is an oil with an operating viscosity over 100, and the oil your manu recomends has a visc of 9. Lucas is a product for dying engines that need to seal rings and that is about it. I would look into molybdenum and make sure what ever oil you choose consider one with moly, the more the better.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I thought FCA changed lifter part #'s around the 2012 timeframe????