2019 1500 Limited Side Step Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Can you leave them deployed while parked? I.E. When you open the door they swing out, when do they shut?

I would like to have them out while the truck is sitting.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Can you leave them deployed while parked? I.E. When you open the door they swing out, when do they shut?

I would like to have them out while the truck is sitting.

I didn't see anything in the settings to make them stay out. I know you could manually deploy them but I haven't tried that and seen if they stay put.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Yes you can go into your settings and deploy them and they stay until you start your truck then they go back to default. Allows you to wash and polish them:)

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Yes you can go into your settings and deploy them and they stay until you start your truck then they go back to default. Allows you to wash and polish them:)

Nice. Didn't know that.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
It is sort of like getting a new computer with a new Operating System. No instructions, just dumb luck and repetition.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Can you show this screen? Ram dealer is saying no go.

psimpson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see the "deploy step" when in reverse and the camera shows images above a screen with other options. On the other hand in Options you can keep them stored.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well I am not in a situation to do the picture thing. On the other hand I have done this several times so your dealer needs to make a phone call or do their homework.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Is this a limited only option?
Just had ram steps installed at dealer and they aren't showing on screen. They said they flashed cpu to show they are there.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Try to see when you open door, and close it, before they go up put foot on them, should bump to go up, yet stop. So you can wash em. Then open door when done, see if they roll up.
What AMP and my RBP Stealthboard have a feature for that.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Try to see when you open door, and close it, before they go up put foot on them, should bump to go up, yet stop. So you can wash em. Then open door when done, see if they roll up.
What AMP and my RBP Stealthboard have a feature for that.
Thanks! But I want it in the Uconnect. If possible

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have them on my Laramie and I cna deploy via the touchscreen.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know what brand the factory powered running boards are?
Please don't say "Mopar"; but if you do say "Mopar" then who (sub-contractor) sourced it?

My understanding is that the Ram Box, the spray-on bed-liner, the powered boards, etc are all sent out to be done, by subcontractor(s), a little bit down the road from the factory. Not the factory-proper.

The reason I ask if we can identify the origins of the powered factory running boards is I didn't get them from the factory and now I want them. BUT... to maximize compatibility and minimize the law of unintended consequences (and "Murphy"), and not have some installer do extraneous drilling of my frame, I was hoping to get "factory" powered boards as an "aftermarket" addition.

(2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Ram Box short bed (5'7") 4x4 btw...)

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know what brand the factory powered running boards are?
Please don't say "Mopar"; but if you do say "Mopar" then who (sub-contractor) sourced it?

My understanding is that the Ram Box, the spray-on bed-liner, the powered boards, etc are all sent out to be done, by subcontractor(s), a little bit down the road from the factory. Not the factory-proper.

The reason I ask if we can identify the origins of the powered factory running boards is I didn't get them from the factory and now I want them. BUT... to maximize compatibility and minimize the law of unintended consequences (and "Murphy"), and not have some installer do extraneous drilling of my frame, I was hoping to get "factory" powered boards as an "aftermarket" addition.

(2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Ram Box short bed (5'7") 4x4 btw...)