2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Blown Motor 7K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abond2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys i have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Black package air suspension level 2 equipment pano roof power steps 12.1 inch screen 22inch wheels etc. $68,*** MSRP with a whopping 7033 Miles.

Well the motor is now blown, Cracked block. The truck is leased, I dont know what to do? They are getting a new motor but I just don't know what i should do? Any suggestions? I really don't feel comfortable with the truck anymore :( All help is appreciated.

AB

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
What do you mean you don't know what to do? If it's a lease it's not your decision. It's not your truck. It'll get fixed under warranty and that's the end of the story. If you decide to try and end the lease early is a separate matter.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Go with it and let them do the repair. My 2014 6.4L 2500 had to have a new engine at 3400 miles due to a mechanical failure of the piston wrist pins. After that was done it was trouble free from then on.

Having a crack in the block is not a common occurrence, in fact I'd classify it as a one in a million occurrence so I don't think you have anything to worry about down the road.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Wat MAD said. That is such a rare occurrence, unless for unknown reason all the fluids left and it got hot and cracked. Just not something U see much ne more. Had to be manufacturing defect. And since a lease, it will get repaired, and not on yer dime...If not happy, have them "replace" truck with identical ref lease, if U can work that angle.....

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Agreed, let em replace it, its nothing you will have to live long term with anyway.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure your dealer gives you a comparable loaner vehicle, and let them fix the truck.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, no-brainer. Cracked block is VERY uncommon so I wouldnt worry too much about it. Plus its a lease so its (potentially) going back after some years anyway so its really a non-issue.

Let them fix it and move on.

I would attempt to get the same truck as a loaner, though...dont let them stick you in a Jeep Patriot :)

OP
OP
A

abond2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah just picked up a jeep patriot, :( Really sucks. Almost 70,000 truck, base model patriot fish bowl, no tint. Bummer probably looking at a couple weeks

WillGabriel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Hey guys i have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Black package air suspension level 2 equipment pano roof power steps 12.1 inch screen 22inch wheels etc. $68,*** MSRP with a whopping 7033 Miles.

Well the motor is now blown, Cracked block. The truck is leased, I dont know what to do? They are getting a new motor but I just don't know what i should do? Any suggestions? I really don't feel comfortable with the truck anymore :( All help is appreciated.

AB

I think it could make a difference per the terms of your lease - especially from your side; especially if you planned on buying the truck after the lease was up. So, I’d consult with an attorney for at least an hour. And I’d absolutely have that attorney put some pressure on them to get you in a loaner truck equal to the value of the truck which has failed due to RAM’s fault.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Finish your lease they may prorate payment while it is down. Like others have said not common I wouldn't over think it. My 18 has over 45k miles and I run the dog **** out of it no issues. Every brand has the occasional bad apple but none of them are what I would call bad. Look at kia for example 10 years ago you couldn't give me one now they are one of the most reliable cars on the road. I'll even say the same for ram i wouldnt own a none diesel "dodge ram" but i love my ram brand ram and doubt I'll ever buy another brand again and I'm a ford guy at heart. Some of us also seem to be plagued by certain brands. Had a 95 monte carlo 2 motors and 3 transmissions before 150k. 04 trailblazer 2 motors and a transfer case by 100k. 13 equinox 1 new wiring harness burnt down the 2nd time 40k. 13 zl1 painted 6 times because the paint would peel off 873mi. 09 Cruze new tranny 62k. 18 malibu redline 2 cats 1200mi new turbo 1400mi 3 new factory tunes because of limp mode 40k miles. Every Ford I have own has been beat to death no issues and now my ram beat to death no issues. Also have a 07 Tahoe just turned 89k no issues knock on wood but it's a ls motor so I trust it lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first non American car I ever bought (a Honda Accord of all things... Most reliable car ever, right?) needed a new transmission at 1200 (yes 12 hundred) miles.

So yeah they all have duds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Pics of the cracked block or it didn't happen. The chances of cracking a block under stock NA power is so rare you must just be a lucky guy. I'm in for pics as the cracks placement can tell alot about what happened. I daily motors that put out double factory HP/TQ and they don't crack. They aren't Hemi's but the same forces are at work and its not like new gen Hemi's are like old 302s where they crack in half with lots of power.

OP
OP
A

abond2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
reached out to Ram yesterday around 5 o'clock, awaiting a response