2019 Ram 1500 Crushes 2019 Chevrolet Silverado in Latest Truck Battles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Truck war 'out of control' as 2019 Ram 1500 squeezes Chevy Silverado

As the No. 2 best-selling truck in America, the Chevrolet Silverado is clinging to its shrinking sales lead over Ram 1500 in a high-stakes fight that few anticipated.

This is not just about prestige and tradition. This is about money. Trucks generate crazy profits for automobile companies.

“Something better change,” said Karl Brauer, executive editor of Kelley Blue Book. “I think people would be surprised to see the market share split between Ram and Silverado. They’ve already moved more than most people would’ve ever believed. That’s not a good trend line for Chevrolet.”

He continued, “Ford F-Series has managed to stay stable and Ram has managed to climb mostly at the expense of Chevy.”

Fiat Chrysler's Ram closed the gap dramatically on Silverado from 2017 to 2018, according to Kelley Blue Book:

• Ram sold 22% of pickups purchased, climbing to 536,980 from 500,723.
  • Chevy sold 24% of pickups purchased, holding steady at 585,581 compared with 585,864.
The gap disappeared in the first quarter of 2019, with Ram selling 120,026 trucks versus 114,313 Silverados sold during the period, according to company filings.

Much, much more, here:
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...evy-silverado-pickup-buyers-f-150/3336733002/

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I don't support companies that close factories while their CEO gives herself a damn raise

Besides that, it got REAAAAAAL ugly

well I dont make such a sizeable purchase based on stuff like that but it is true that the salaries and benies these ceos get are obscene. I have had many chevy trucks and cars but when truck shopping recently, I decided that I was getting the most bang for my buck with the laramie I bought. the gm 1500's keep going up in price but are still powered by the same motor and rear end options so they are going more for mileage promotion than truck type utility. I am happy so far with my ram.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ram is posting some huge discounts in the southeast right now, so that is definitely moving units. That said, Ram will still crush the Chevy. The design team there has lost it......badly. And, the interior is Playskool in comparison.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chevy in my opinion has no advantage.my 04 z71 with 260000 miles feels as if it has way more power than the new 5.3.interior looks like the out going model and the exterior is awful.chevy has matched ram numbers off msrp in my area.the f150 is nice but now ford has it if you spec one out with the 3.5 eco boost you are looking at 40000 plus after rebates kinda like the gm 6.2 now.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
GM is shutting down the Oshawa, Ontario Plant in Sept here in Canada, putting that city on the rocks. As mentioned above it was all done for more profits and CEO bonuses. Mexicans can't afford to buys the trucks built there so the rest of North America should refuse to buy the vehicle built there. F#*k GM and their **** boxes.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GM is shutting down the Oshawa, Ontario Plant in Sept here in Canada, putting that city on the rocks. As mentioned above it was all done for more profits and CEO bonuses. Mexicans can't afford to buys the trucks built there so the rest of North America should refuse to buy the vehicle built there. F#*k GM and their **** boxes.

Never thought I'd say this as someone who once loved GM (and I'll always love their classics, never will get rid of mine), I agree with you. Almost seems like they are trying to tank intentionally with how bad they make most of their vehicles. Although the camaro and corvette are still awesome.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Even if Trump does shut down the border for people there will still be motor carriers moving cars and trucks made in Mexico from parts produced in China or Malaysia. Nothing new here. Ronald Reagan had the US Department of Commerce hold meetings in Mexico for US manufacturing executives to encourage them to relocate.

The elites that run the country want cheap labor and for workers to have no way to organize and strike. I was amazed and disappointed that so many people believed Trump when he said he would protect American jobs. This is the guy that imported scab labor from Poland to work on his buildings in New York.

It is quite different in Germany where there is "co-determination" by law and workers sit on the companies boards and get to vote on the direction of the their investments and operations. In German all the skilled jobs have remained intact.

If you want to buy an "American made" truck then buy a Toyota as their trucks and cars have the mode made in America content.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't really care who has the best selling truck. When paying 50k for a truck I better damn well love it. After seeing and test driving my truck I was like OMFG I have to have this truck! IMHO there is not another truck out there that even comes close to looking as bad ass as the RAM! Certainly not the Chevy.... just flat out ugly IMO.

fullsizeoutput_b17.jpeg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is no doubt that I love my Ram, I just wished the Service Departments would catch up with the sales and improve their part of the equation.
Jay

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well as of today I am putting my F150 ecoboost with 183,000 miles into partial retirement just to be used by my wife to tow her horse and the especially dirty jobs. It did everything I ever asked of it. That said. My Ram is 50% quieter. Rides 50% better. And is about 50% better looking. Why anyone would order a Ford in the 2019 year over the Ram is a mystery. I do think the completely rebuilt 3.5 eco and the ten speed tranny are very fine. However the interior and ride, and generally lower interior tech put it way behind. I would put a lot of money on the 2020 Ford having significantly better interiors.

Some points. I think the GM CEO is a bit like Marie Antoinette;s "let them eat cake". The upper levels of GM have totally lost touch....like they did before.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
In my opinion ram has better bang for the buck than ford and a better vehicle.I can't figure why ford still out sells the others by 300,000 or more.i'm seeing more ram hds around here for service vehicles though.

Unfortunately it looks like the new Ram HD pricing is right up there with the Fords now so I expect Ford to gain even more ground now. Price was big factor for me deciding on a ram in 2016(and the cummins) but now if pricing is about a wash it's going to be a toss up.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
and to top it off overpriced and a very bad ihs safety rating and ugly for 2019 gm

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it looks like the new Ram HD pricing is right up there with the Fords now so I expect Ford to gain even more ground now. Price was big factor for me deciding on a ram in 2016(and the cummins) but now if pricing is about a wash it's going to be a toss up.

RAM will try the Ford like pricing for awhile but once they figure out that stuff ain't selling at those prices they'll increase the rebates/incentives and get the prices back down to where they need to be......just like they did with the new 1500's initially. From what I've seen lately there are some pretty good deals to be had on the new ones and not too far off what I paid for mine two years ago. Ford will let there trucks rot before they discount them to RAM's level. I will say that i have seen some discounts lately on some 2018 F150's but hell they got to be desperate to sell those since they are at least 7-8 ms old.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it is what it says suggested retail price.supply and demand if they have more supply than demand then you get a ton off msrp.give toyota credit you may not like them but they understand this concept they are not going to have excessive supply you are hard pressed to get 4000 much less 10,000 off a toyota.i know they don't sell a lot of tundras but they sale a lot of their other stuff.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The classic version is still selling very well. Automotive news states that the classic accounted for a third of ram sales in the first quarter. Ram has even brought out a special edition classic called the Warlock to keep sales going strong.

yamaha0343

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Laramie Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chevy just lost a sale today.. to me.

Was in a 2017 Z71 and was looking at the 2019s. Was going to pull the trigger until I drove the new Ram. Now that I’ve spent time in both, can confirm the Ram is a much nicer truck. Interior, ride, and definitely power.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
noticed today local chevy dealer has matched almost price off new ram on silverados.i don't think it will matter a whole lot really.