2019 RAM 1500: more scoop...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recall in one video that only the 5.7 beds will offer ramboxes though. I specifically wanted a 6.4 bed with the ramboxes like I have on my 2018 1500 now. Hopefully they will still offer the ramboxes on the standard 6.4 beds.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I want that 12" Screen. That thing looks awesome. Definitely would like to be able to run my NAV on one half of the screen, and have my radio station, or phone displayed on the other.

I just wish they'd add a little more personalization to it. It would be cool if owners could put their own backgrounds on the screen.

Yep, that is very nice running two screens on top of each other. The whole unit is amazing in person. After checking out that screen I went over to the Silverado High Country and that 8 inch MyLink screen just felt like a 70's vintage TV lol. Even the 8.4 is superior in graphics and usability to most other units IMO. The 8.4 in the 5th gen Ram is crystal clear. More high res than my 2017 I believe. Plus I think they are using a new surface material on the 5th gen.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I recall in one video that only the 5.7 beds will offer ramboxes though. I specifically wanted a 6.4 bed with the ramboxes like I have on my 2018 1500 now. Hopefully they will still offer the ramboxes on the standard 6.4 beds.
Maybe this will be one of those things that's offered two or three years into production? Didn't they do a similar thing with Crew Cabs and 6'4" beds with the 4th gens? Not available until later model years (2013 or 2014) I think...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe this will be one of those things that's offered two or three years into production? Didn't they do a similar thing with Crew Cabs and 6'4" beds with the 4th gens? Not available until later model years (2013 or 2014) I think...

Definitely possible. I don't think the ramboxes were initially available on the 4th gen 6.4 beds for the 1500 series when they were first introduced either. I'm leasing my current truck and planned to buy it out when my 39 month lease is up, but may end up handing it back in in 2020 for another Limited model then. Time will tell. I really like the larger Uconnect systems and the larger CC size in the 2019 models.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Definitely possible. I don't think the ramboxes were initially available on the 4th gen 6.4 beds for the 1500 series when they were first introduced either. I'm leasing my current truck and planned to buy it out when my 39 month lease is up, but may end up handing it back in in 2020 for another Limited model then. Time will tell. I really like the larger Uconnect systems and the larger CC size in the 2019 models.
Yeah, as much as I really like the new designs I will never buy the next generation of a vehicle model in its first year on the market/in production.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, as much as I really like the new designs I will never buy the next generation of a vehicle model in its first year on the market/in production.

Agreed 100%..... too many bugs to work out. I am looking forward to 2020 or 2021.

Tapatalked from my expensive "smart" phone.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
We ride in car quite a bit too...Both well in to 60's The seats on The Chargers and rams have been awesome! Best seat we ever had in any car we owned was 2006 300c!!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We are heading to the Philly auto show tomorrow. Not sure if any of the 2019 RAMs will be on display there since they were just announced last week, but hoping to be able to both see and sit in a few while there. Will post my opinions in this thread if the vehicles are available.

They should have a few, I went to the Houston show last Sunday and they had a top level Laramie and a rebel, not behind ropes either you could crawl all over them lol

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
To futuristic looking. I'd rather see and old-school retro design.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I'm a bit late to the game to reply to this...but I've been letting the redesign soak in a bit.

I know its an all new truck, but it looks like a re-skin to me. I don't necessarily mind it.

When Dodge went from Gen 1 to Gen 2...it was a MASSIVE redesign, and a real attention getter. I was 16 when the 1993 came out and boy, did I want one. Ford and Chevy couldn't touch those looks. When Gen 3 hit in 2001...I was "meh" about it (well...for all models except the SRT 10).

Gen 4 moved the Ram in the right direction (in my opinion). The '13 changes dialed it in even more. I really think that in the right trim, the strong simplicity of the current model will look good for years to come (I feel the 90's models have aged well too).

This new one? I'm not sure, I guess we'll have to see. I don't feel Dodge has ever done the "sleek" look all that well...I'll have to see one one the street to form a real opinion.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do with the big ugly Hemi badge on the hood ?

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do with the big ugly Hemi badge on the hood ?

I'll admit it...I'm not a fan of badges, never have been. My '14 was the black package and save the black "4x4" on the tailgate, and the black ram head emblems on front/back, my truck came with zero decals...and I liked it.

My current '17 has the huge "RAM 1500", "Ecodiesel", "big Horn" and "4x4" logos...all in loud chrome. I'm seriously thinking about taking them off. Thankfully I do not have a long horn...I despise that dinner plate they slap on those.

Either way...I don't like the large new 1500 logo on the 2019 hood, not at all.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like the idea of the etorque if the hemi has the same power and the etorque acts as a boost to give better acceleration and torque of the line especially with a trailer or smoking someone off the line. I like the laser cruise and it's about time on that as my dad's cadillac had it in 05. It worked well. The giant screen really doesn't appeal to me. I find the 8.4 too big. I'll check them out when they hit the dealers more thoroughly. Doesn't look much different inside except the giant screen, but a few better plug locations and more sensible controls may win me over. Styling outside is fine with me, but I like the new chevys so that makes sense.

17crewram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only thing I don't like is the head lights. Not RAM enough. Too much like a Honda Ridgeline. I do like the Rebel lights.

Otherwise I really like it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Did I see somewhere that the back seat will recline (like the Megacabs)?

HeadsUp7Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did I see somewhere that the back seat will recline (like the Megacabs)?

Yes you did and they do. I think it might only be the Laramie trim level and up though. There’s video of people demonstrating it on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadsUp7Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spied this in a youtube video today. CD/DVD player I'm assuming.c21c60233b5f84119c03a3fd7052b564.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
I’ve only ever read it being for audio cds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk