2019 RAM 1500: more scoop...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a Chinese knockoff of a Ford and Chevy with a little Tundra thrown in. And as usual, the luxury trucks are not very luxury or at least not my idea of luxury.

Cardboard seats made for someone 175 pounds not big people who drive trucks for a living. under an inch of pad and a narrower seat. Make seats bigger and console smaller. No adaptive cruise. You say technology but there is no new technology.

I don't this this guy even looked at the pictures. Interior is on par with luxury brands (Audi, Mb, BMW).

ramel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Here are several more opinions from fellow Ram owners about the 2019 Ram 1500 redesign.
I don't know why, but some people had hopped for a better design. Scrap, from California, had hoped for a better design. “I think it looks pretty nice. The only small complaint is the painted panel between the bottom of the headlights and the top of the bumper corners. Seems like they should have done something more there with bumper and lights”.

I particularly like it.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The level of detail in the Longhorn is stunning. If this feels cheap or knock off - I hope you have big pockets to back up your expectations.

fb_img_1516968208459-jpg.13432

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Holding my opinions until I can physically see and touch one.

Mohican69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
I don't like the tablet uconnect display. I currently have the 8.4" and it's way too bright and big. The last thing I need is a computer monitor sitting on the dash.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks like a Chinese knockoff of a Ford and Chevy with a little Tundra thrown in. And as usual, the luxury trucks are not very luxury or at least not my idea of luxury.

Cardboard seats made for someone 175 pounds not big people who drive trucks for a living. under an inch of pad and a narrower seat. Make seats bigger and console smaller. No adaptive cruise. You say technology but there is no new technology.
Pretty sure they did add adaptive cruise, thought I read that somewhere anyways.

Cardboard seats? My ****** is 285 and the seats in my 4th Gen Big Horn are plenty comfortable to me, I think those nice luxury seats would be even better.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
My big ole ass sits well in the Ram 14 seats! My big ass sits well in 2018 392 Charger seats too! 375 Lbs.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This new generation is sexxy AF.....

I have heard a lot of whining about the new body style "Oh no they made it look like Chebby.." blah blah.....

Those headlights look impressive. The front camera really piques my interest (I liked that on the Fords). The center stack is hands down the best I have seen in any vehicle to date, and I pay attention to many. I would LOVE a Rebel without the Air Suspension (not a fan of the ride quality off-road when lifted), this one looks pretty ready to me. The even BIGGER CrewCab is impressive. The '17 Crew Cab was already leaps and bounds better than my 2005 Avalanche/Suburban. It is like they took the CrewCab and MegaCab and made them have babies. I can't wait to pay some more down on the '17, and pick up a 2020 (I never buy first year of a new vehicle).

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the exterior looks great. They're going to sell a lot of trucks I think!

I don't care for the center stack's over-reliance on LCD's but I imagine they'll have regular radios and knobs on lower trim models.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That was a good video. Thanks for sharing! I like the Ram exterior a lot, don't care for the big LCD center stack in the console. I'm not going to watch movies/sports/news or look for restaurants ...or even maps. If I do, I can use my phone. I'm more into knobs and buttons that allow easy adjustments of radio/hvac.

It looks like Dodge and Chevy have traded places on exterior styling! Looking at the 2019 Chevy, I like that interior better than the dodge (less LCD). Be interesting to see how they look in person.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That was a good video. Thanks for sharing! I like the Ram exterior a lot, don't care for the big LCD center stack in the console. I'm not going to watch movies/sports/news or look for restaurants ...or even maps. If I do, I can use my phone. I'm more into knobs and buttons that allow easy adjustments of radio/hvac.

It looks like Dodge and Chevy have traded places on exterior styling! Looking at the 2019 Chevy, I like that interior better than the dodge (less LCD). Be interesting to see how they look in person.
The big LCD still has all of the buttons and knobs.

Honestly, this truck appears to be a direct response to many small issues buyers have and what appear to be a lot of "fan service" additions.

Here's another 2 videos...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Tuggr2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I agree with the Tundra look, not a fan yet, maybe when I see it in the daylight.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree the seats in both of my 4th gens were very comfortable. I judge good seats by the ability to take long road trips and not experience any discomfort sitting for long periods of time. We are closing in on age 50 so this issue really is important to us both. We often take 2-4 hour road trips into the Pocono mountains (hills?), have for years now, in both our cars and trucks. We had a 2010 Honda Accord, seats were horrible, my back was killing me after more than an hour in the vehicle. Tried several different seating adjustments, but had no lumbar control to play with. Our current 2013 Honda Accord, much better. Both of our 4th gens (2012 and now 2018), no seat comfort issues on long road trips. We're taking an 8-10 hour road trip down to Myrtle Beach in April in the 2018 RAM, looking forward to it.

We are heading to the Philly auto show tomorrow. Not sure if any of the 2019 RAMs will be on display there since they were just announced last week, but hoping to be able to both see and sit in a few while there. Will post my opinions in this thread if the vehicles are available.