2019 Ram classic express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lildikgang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m being told by the dealer that I can’t add remote start oem due to not having remote keyless entry and I also have sentry key has anyone had to deal with this what did u do

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not sure if you can add hardware and then update settings via AlphaOBD, but have you considered aftermarket?

OP
OP
L

Lildikgang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if you can add hardware and then update settings via AlphaOBD, but have you considered aftermarket?
Yea that’s my next step is going aftermarket I was just wanting to eliminate the key and get a fob but apparently I can’t do that since I do t have keyless entry and I have some type of sentry key module to where I can only use the key I have

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Read through the alphaOBD thread and search some of the words in the forum, I think this has been discussed before. Good luck.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Do aftermarket, some you can do on your cell phone.

cam101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just recently had keyless entry added to my express. I went aftermarket but I am using my factory key fob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
guess a lot of guys like that remote start, I hated it and disabled it on both of my keys. several times heard my truck start up when reaching in my pocket for change and bumping the remote start button.

OP
OP
L

Lildikgang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
guess a lot of guys like that remote start, I hated it and disabled it on both of my keys. several times heard my truck start up when reaching in my pocket for change and bumping the remote start button.
I really just want to add the key fob right now I have the metal key that then shapes as the key fob

A0FEF169-1486-4EC6-8ED4-92FFFD4A0638.jpeg

cam101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess it depends upon the remote start and how its set up to operate. I a. Usibg my factory key for but I have to press certain buttons so many times for it to activate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like the remote start, but I've had the same problem as you. Funny thing is when I try to start it I have to try a few times because I don't do the press the start button twice at the correct interval to make it work.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you disable the remote start? I don't recall there being in the 8.4 menu options for that. I have started mine accidentally so many times it is scary, especially when it starts in a closed garage in my house.
There should be an option to raise the number of times you have to hit the fob to remote start it.