2020 Ram 12” display not turning on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guentherdave2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a used 2020 Ram Laramie a couple months ago. Everything has worked great on it until today. Earlier today I was driving and pushed the power button to turn off the display. Parked my truck after arriving to work. Got back into my truck to leave for the day and the display won’t come on. When I use the temperature buttons, mode buttons for the heat/AC the display appears, but nothing else works. After doing some reading online I made multiple attempts to conduct the reset by turning my truck on RUN, holding down the power and tune button for 30 sec, then power off the vehicle, open driver side door until displays turn off. Close the door and turn the vehicle back on. Iv tried the dealer reset by holding my fingers in the bottom corners of the screen for approximately 7-10 seconds with no avail.
I can see the backlight is working on the display, and when I shut the vehicle off the rear camera flashes on for a minute. But that’s it. Heeeeeellllpp! I don’t want to pay the $3k for a new screen. I can’t afford it.