2020 Ram cp4 replaced nothing but bad since

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fricked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My truck is back in the shop for the 3rd time since replacing the cp4 with cp3 in July. Truck has no power. Vibrating through foot peddle at 1000-1200 rpm’s. horrible shifting with a loaded trailer. Codes thrown are def and injector. Dealership has verified my complaint and codes. They think it’s fuel pressure!!! No kidding I indicated! Frustrated and looking for my truck back in perfect working order prior to recall. Oh my fuel mileage dropped 3-4 gallons per mile.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did the dealer flash the truck when the conversion was done?

cutterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Just dropped mine off today for pump install. Hope I have better luck. I’ve been waiting since August for them to get my pump in.

cutterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Got my truck back and not real happy. It runs fine even seems maybe a little smoother. Problem is service. On way home from dealer kept smelling fuel and oil. No big deal as I know you spill some fuel when changing fuel pumps. Later on in evening I was walking dog past truck and seen oil spots on ground. I got flashlight to inspect and there is power steering fluid and fuel all over bottom of truck. There are puddles of fuel on top of steering box. Either stuff is still leaking or they didn’t bother to wipe one thing up. I don’t mean a small amount. It’s on steering box and frame all the way back to rear of transmission. Once it warms up today I’m going to wash it all of and look for leaks.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Got my truck back and not real happy. It runs fine even seems maybe a little smoother. Problem is service. On way home from dealer kept smelling fuel and oil. No big deal as I know you spill some fuel when changing fuel pumps. Later on in evening I was walking dog past truck and seen oil spots on ground. I got flashlight to inspect and there is power steering fluid and fuel all over bottom of truck. There are puddles of fuel on top of steering box. Either stuff is still leaking or they didn’t bother to wipe one thing up. I don’t mean a small amount. It’s on steering box and frame all the way back to rear of transmission. Once it warms up today I’m going to wash it all of and look for leaks.
The dealer did not tighten the r/r'd power steering hose properly. Several have reported this problem with the pump replacement.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My truck is back in the shop for the 3rd time since replacing the cp4 with cp3 in July. Truck has no power. Vibrating through foot peddle at 1000-1200 rpm’s. horrible shifting with a loaded trailer. Codes thrown are def and injector. Dealership has verified my complaint and codes. They think it’s fuel pressure!!! No kidding I indicated! Frustrated and looking for my truck back in perfect working order prior to recall. Oh my fuel mileage dropped 3-4 gallons per mile.
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your Ram truck. Can you please send us a PM with your VIN, our team would be happy to assist you further on this.

William
Ram Cares