2020 Rebel windshield washer lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swilson3504

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the windshield washer fluid stopped coming out this week but I could still hear the pump working. I ended up taking it to the dealer to diagnose and fix under warranty. I got the call from the service advisor and was floored by the explanation. I was told that the washer fluid lines runs from the grill up the side of the engine bay into the cab of the truck up under the headliner and then it runs back out to hood. I was told the line was disconnected under the headliner and needed to be reattached. Can anyone confirm this? I tried looking for parts diagrams to verify but no luck.

OP
OP
S

swilson3504

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update.....the service advisor misread hood liner for headliner.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did they fix your issue? For the amount of money of these truck cost.
They have some of the poorest wipers. It was like Ram took them off 1980's k-cars cause they ran out of
proper wipers for a Truck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Find your washer fluid reservoir
I believe it will be next to the coolant overflow tank

You may have to pull the plastic inner fender to spot the tubing that carries the fluid up to the hood

OP
OP
S

swilson3504

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did they fix your issue? For the amount of money of these truck cost.
They have some of the poorest wipers. It was like Ram took them off 1980's k-cars cause they ran out of
proper wipers for a Truck.
They did. I knew the line was disconnected somewhere out of sight or clogged and with one year old truck and frigid temps I figured I'd let the dealer take care of it. I was just floored when the service advisor called to tell me it was disconnected under the "head liner" not "hood liner"....lol

pamoky5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the exact same problem on a 2019 Rebel that I took in for warranty work just last week. I tested it out in the dealers parking lot and it worked fine, got it back home and started poking around to see if everything was put back together correctly (just because I don't trust anyone touching my vehicles, dealer or not) and the reservoir was totally empty they didn't even fill it back up. SO I dumped an entire gallon of fluid in. Fast forward a week later, I tried to use the washer today and the same thing happened, it doesn't work. I had my son help run the wipers and hit the washer, I saw it coming out under the hood liner...I can't believe it is doing the same thing...guess I'll tear it apart only because I didn't pay for the warranty work (thank God) now that I don't believe the dealer is capable. I did find a 90-degree fitting running up the fender to the hood that was almost completely disconnected while poking around, no telling how many others there are, I'll probably be doing this forever. Ridiculous that this is happening.