2021 1500 LIMITED with air suspension lift kit question from an amateur

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Girlwithatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 hemi mds vvt e-torque
Hey yall! I'm a newbie here and need some advice from people who know. I am a girl who's venturing into the lifted truck world and I'm ready to perty her up. Dont mind my dumb questions as I really have zero knowledge on this subject and could use all the help I can get. I've got a 2021 ram limited 1500 with air suspension that i can control from inside the cab. My trucks got every package and option that was available including the offroad package (if that helps at all) I'm looking to get a 5" inch lift (with 35" tires and 22" wheels.) The Fabtech brand was recommended to me but really I'd just like something reliable and good (not overly concerned with price) that isn't going to break or wear down on me. Quality is #1. I also would like the option to continue using the air suspension option so that may factor into brands I think? Can yall help a girl out. Any questions I'll try to answer the best I can.

MTGranite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI eTorque
Hello, I’m also a girl with a truck. I have a 2021 Laramie. I kept my 18” wheels but with a more aggressive tire. I also have a grille guard, running boards and a low max cover. I’m also getting ready to put a lift on mine as the grille guard has brought the front down a bit, so looking to even it out a bit.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey yall! I'm a newbie here and need some advice from people who know. I am a girl who's venturing into the lifted truck world and I'm ready to perty her up. Dont mind my dumb questions as I really have zero knowledge on this subject and could use all the help I can get. I've got a 2021 ram limited 1500 with air suspension that i can control from inside the cab. My trucks got every package and option that was available including the offroad package (if that helps at all) I'm looking to get a 5" inch lift (with 35" tires and 22" wheels.) The Fabtech brand was recommended to me but really I'd just like something reliable and good (not overly concerned with price) that isn't going to break or wear down on me. Quality is #1. I also would like the option to continue using the air suspension option so that may factor into brands I think? Can yall help a girl out. Any questions I'll try to answer the best I can.
Unfortunately the air suspension limits your options for lifting dramatically. (I own a suspension shop dedicated to Ram trucks in PA) what I tell my customers is to move to a quality coilover suspension if you want to lift it. It will save a lot of money and aggravation in the long run if you plan to keep your truck. The only option offered worth installing if your stuck on the air ride is the BDS 4” kit part # 022308 but even that has a full page of warnings before the instructions even start.
On this forum we have preferred vendors so I highly recommend giving them as much business as possible. A great reason is they know our trucks and they offer forum member discounts

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello, I’m also a girl with a truck. I have a 2021 Laramie. I kept my 18” wheels but with a more aggressive tire. I also have a grille guard, running boards and a low max cover. I’m also getting ready to put a lift on mine as the grille guard has brought the front down a bit, so looking to even it out a bit.
That’s what makes forums great, share knowledge and experiences. Are you looking to do a bigger lift or just bring the front end up? There are tons of options for every budget. @Nick@GotExhaust has the suspensions on these trucks dialed in and will have the proper parts on your doorstep in a few days.

I (and many others) am always happy to help and can give you options based on measurements you provide. Or post pictures of trucks you like and we can help you achieve that stance.
My ig: is @ak_trucks_pa with a growing number of ram photos. I just started the account a few months ago

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the Rough Country 5" lift on my 2020 1500 with 4C Air Suspension. I have 35 x 12.50 on the stock wheels and 1/2" spacers. Very slight amount of rubbing when turned all the way to the right (none to the left).

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Rough Country 5" lift on my 2020 1500 with 4C Air Suspension. I have 35 x 12.50 on the stock wheels and 1/2" spacers. Very slight amount of rubbing when turned all the way to the right (none to the left).
Wheres the pics?!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Here are a couple. In OR2 position.

Attachments

• 2021-08-27 17.49.10-1.jpeg
    2021-08-27 17.49.10-1.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 2021-08-27 17.54.07-1.jpeg
    2021-08-27 17.54.07-1.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 2021-08-27 17.43.20.jpg
    2021-08-27 17.43.20.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 38

Damen411

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hi Girlwithatruck,

I'm a newbie here too. I recently bought, basically the same truck as you did, but the 2022 Limited with Air Suspension. It was NOT easy finding a lift kit for it. I did countless hours of research. I called and talked with mechanics and engineers from Rough Country, Fab Tech, Icon, Carli Suspension, and BDS. What I found out from hours of conversations was that BDS was the best fit. Now I'm very familiar with BDS being one of the best for their quality, but after talking with other manufactures, most of them steered me toward BDS, except for Rough Country lol, which was the only other brand that spec for spec, had a lift kit for my particular truck. I have a diesel so it was even a little more wild for me, as I had to have BDS's R&D for drivelines, DriveLinesPlus, build a new front driveline because of the difference in length for the diesel engines.
Question for you, do you have the 5.7L Gas engine, or the 3.0L Diesel, because it does make a difference. All in all, I would go with BDS for your lift. I know that they're more expensive, but the warranty itself is worth the price in my opinion. I hope this helps, and sorry I'm late to this thread. (My lift kit is actually being installed today).

bankr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
[sarcasm]Oh the good times I’ve had with my air suspension.[/sarcasm]

I removed my air suspension and installed a zone 6” lift with fox 2.5 adjustable coil overs. I’m still ironing out the final “kinks” 4 months later….but I LOVE not having the air suspension and have removed the chances of potential issues with the system in the futur.

Good luck in your adventures!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I removed my air suspension and installed a zone 6” lift with fox 2.5 adjustable coil overs. I’m still ironing out the final “kinks” 4 months later….but I LOVE not having the air suspension and have removed the chances of potential issues with the system in the futur.

Interesting. I've had two RAMs with the 4CAS and nary an issue with either one. The only problem I had was when I artificially lifted my '15 by swapping F/R links - I could do OR1, but OR2 would send it into lala-land. Would have to shut the truck off to re-set.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting. I've had two RAMs with the 4CAS and nary an issue with either one. The only problem I had was when I artificially lifted my '15 by swapping F/R links - I could do OR1, but OR2 would send it into lala-land. Would have to shut the truck off to re-set.
Artificially LOL

BOULDERJR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 with 4 corner air suspension. At what point does it quit operating ? Is it exactly at truck’s max payload or is there some wiggle room? An engineer told me that the listed max payload is 20% lower than tested safe weight.

Thanks

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 with 4 corner air suspension. At what point does it quit operating ? Is it exactly at truck’s max payload or is there some wiggle room? An engineer told me that the listed max payload is 20% lower than tested safe weight.

Thanks
I've carried a full ton of pellets in mine (twice) and it functioned fine. It was only for about 5 miles at 35 MPH or less, but you hardly knew it was there.

IIRC max payload on mine is 1560# or so, or about 1300# practically speaking with a driver and some misc stuff in the back seat.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Thanks
It will fail at the worst possible time.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

You have my cell bankr don’t be afraid to use it.

JR518

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just purchased a limited 1500 4c air. Is that compatible with the MOPAR 2' lift . Im not looking for anything crazy just a more aggressive stance and perhaps bigger wheel and tire pkg. Any info will help.