2021 Camping season...planning for the future.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Holiday reservations in PA are almost completely booked here.

There are a lot of new campers...a blessing and a curse.

I am very anxious to see how many new campers become old campers.
I figured there will be a lot of campers on the market in about a year or so with all the people who bought them get tired of having to store them and want to go back to staying in hotels. I'm a little concerned because they've been slapping them together so fast that the quality is not there, but if I could find a decent trailer built before summer 2020, could be a steal in about a year.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We just had to make our reservations for next years Halloween camping weekend. Damn if so many sites were not already booked.

Amazing. I looked at the other holiday weekends...they are booked up already.

Looks like there will be alot of missed holiday weekends...not a big fan if the crowds.

This year we managed a good bit of weekends. Anxious to get out already.
you can’t get a site at any of the Ontario parks site. It is a hard year because of the COVID campers here

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I figured there will be a lot of campers on the market in about a year or so with all the people who bought them get tired of having to store them and want to go back to staying in hotels. I'm a little concerned because they've been slapping them together so fast that the quality is not there, but if I could find a decent trailer built before summer 2020, could be a steal in about a year.
I agree. Give them two years and there will be a lot of gentle use trailer for sale

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is me and my Little Mobile Cabin kind of camping wooded and the site's spaced out so there is some woods between spots. Not stacked on top of each other god I want go camping hoping weather permits after March 5th I am off for 9 days I am going to go camp. Oh dont mind the old ford it has found A new home since pic LOL
1112201701_HDR.jpg

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
42 more days til regular Camping season opens in Pennsylvania.

Anxiously waiting the day.

The dispersed sites in state Forest got shut down. Too much snow turning to ice. People have stuck abandon vehicles everywhere.

Hoping to maybe hit one middle of next month if the weather is fair.

Good times
This is me and my Little Mobile Cabin kind of camping wooded and the site's spaced out so there is some woods between spots. Not stacked on top of each other god I want go camping hoping weather permits after March 5th I am off for 9 days I am going to go camp. Oh dont mind the old ford it has found A new home since pic LOL
View attachment 239376

Nothing wrong with the Ford if it gets the job done. Cool little mobile cabin, did you build that yourself?

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holiday reservations in PA are almost completely booked here.

There are a lot of new campers...a blessing and a curse.

I am very anxious to see how many new campers become old campers.
whats blue knob like? we gave up on glendale. they patrol there. were only 15 mins from there too. we usually do raystown which is packed now with....well cityslickers who claim to be campers now cause they went one time. its frustrating to say the least. i am reserved for every weekend also. where all do you camp? just those 2 places??

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work my ass off all week and then just get the heck out if here. I am off every weekend. My wife is a nurse and works every other weekend. So every other weekend we go local...either Prince Gallitzin or Blue Knob. And then her weekends off we try to get a bit further out.

We love the outdoors. Although we are friendly to our short term neighbors...we like to try to get away from people. But...we like to conversate with like minded people from time to time to...so the crowds have been interesting lol
what was your short term neighbors like last year? a fair share of mine were city folk. haha. no clue what they were doing. actually saw people sitting around their campfires with masks on! not even joking. spaced 6' apart.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what was your short term neighbors like last year? a fair share of mine were city folk. haha. no clue what they were doing. actually saw people sitting around their campfires with masks on! not even joking. spaced 6' apart.

That's sad. Last year no one wore masks at the campgrounds I stayed at. You needed them to go into the camp store but that was it.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's sad. Last year no one wore masks at the campgrounds I stayed at. You needed them to go into the camp store but that was it.
i went
sure is sad. this was raystown. couldnt believe it. ill keep those comments to myself about what i really think but you are rite, truely sad.

OP
OP
392DevilDog

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
whats blue knob like? we gave up on glendale. they patrol there. were only 15 mins from there too. we usually do raystown which is packed now with....well cityslickers who claim to be campers now cause they went one time. its frustrating to say the least. i am reserved for every weekend also. where all do you camp? just those 2 places??
Blue Knob has 45 sites. A small playground and a couple fields. There are completely wooded sites around the perimeter and sunny open sites in the middle. There is all kinds off hiking/biking trails. Being the second highest peak in Pennsylvania...it is a great place for views also.

There is a large pool down the road and the ski resort is right there too.

Previous years...the people there were campers. Mostly people coming to hike ir bike.

Usually maybe 10 sites...except memorial day and 4th of July...it gets full then.

This past year...well...it was packed...with people trying to introduce their friends to camping.

We still love Glendale. I refused to go there for many years. They are much better now than they were. So if you didn't like the current situation...you would have hated it before.

The only issue there is they cater to the more luxurious camping life.

Cherry and birch are good sites. Some are very crowded and a bit rowdy...unless that is what someone looks for.

Fowlers Hollow is another favorite of ours...11 ir 12 sites. In the woods by a stream. Way back in the woods. But as more glampers hit the bigger parks...it is driving others to the deeper woods...and now it is booked quite often

OP
OP
392DevilDog

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
We camp in the smaller sites...stay away from the full hookups. I actually met a few good ole guys and their wives and families. Only had to watch the fiasco from afar. Entertaining...but annoying

OP
OP
392DevilDog

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
i went

sure is sad. this was raystown. couldnt believe it. ill keep those comments to myself about what i really think but you are rite, truely sad.
You need to go back to Trough Creek. There is electric but no showers and vault toilets. That keeps the city folk away. I think just under 30 sites there...with 2 separated loops

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Agreed 100% we didnt wear any last year. When hikers were coming we got over and let them pass.

Ok, in full disclosure, if there wasn't any room to get over I may on a few occasions held my breath till they passed by...hahahahaha lol! But beyond that..no way.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blue Knob has 45 sites. A small playground and a couple fields. There are completely wooded sites around the perimeter and sunny open sites in the middle. There is all kinds off hiking/biking trails. Being the second highest peak in Pennsylvania...it is a great place for views also.

There is a large pool down the road and the ski resort is right there too.

Previous years...the people there were campers. Mostly people coming to hike ir bike.

Usually maybe 10 sites...except memorial day and 4th of July...it gets full then.

This past year...well...it was packed...with people trying to introduce their friends to camping.

We still love Glendale. I refused to go there for many years. They are much better now than they were. So if you didn't like the current situation...you would have hated it before.

The only issue there is they cater to the more luxurious camping life.

Cherry and birch are good sites. Some are very crowded and a bit rowdy...unless that is what someone looks for.

Fowlers Hollow is another favorite of ours...11 ir 12 sites. In the woods by a stream. Way back in the woods. But as more glampers hit the bigger parks...it is driving others to the deeper woods...and now it is booked quite often
i havent been to glendale in years. i have heard it has changed some with the monitoring of the alcohol. i may look into blue knob.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to go back to Trough Creek. There is electric but no showers and vault toilets. That keeps the city folk away. I think just under 30 sites there...with 2 separated loops
i dont like trough creek. im not a glamper but i do like a shower and some electric. we go there for the ice mine and rock.