2022 Cargo Bed lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Kimberly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2022 1500 has the precut holes for the cargo bed lights. Is there a prewired place to plug in on oem harness or do I have to purchase a depressed wiring kit?

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can buy the bed light kit but it will need to be flashed by the dealer for it to function.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's a great feature to have. I use mine often and glad I got them.

Red

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
So, these cargo bed lights are not a DIY project? My 2020 LARAMIE has the plastic plugs in the corners of the bed. Like the OP, I’d like to add lights to the bed, if it’s a DIY project.

Last edited:

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, these cargo bed lights are not a DIY project? My 2020 LARAMIE has the plastic plugs in the corners of the bed. Like the OP, I’d like to add lights to the bed, if it’s a DIY project.

You can do them yourself. The cheapest route is to buy them yourself, follow the installation instructions, and then take your truck to the dealer to have them flash it so the computer recognizes you have the option.

The kit is usually around $150 online depending on price/shippping. The flash is probably going to cost around $100.

My dealer quoted me something like $485 for them to do all of the work. So a little can be saved if you don't mind doing the work yourself.

Mopar Part #82215272AC

Link to installation instructions:

Last edited:

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
DYI is doable but it’s not plug and play. The harness runs from the right side light, across to the left side light then along the frame to the engine well and through the firewall. You’ll need to drop your spare tire, left side wheel well liners need to be removed, the left side in floor storage bin, if you have them, needs to be removed then you need to contort yourself into a pretzel to plug the wires into their respective slots under the left side of the dash.

I had the dealer do mine as part of the purchase agreement. Worth every penny.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DYI is doable but it’s not plug and play. The harness runs from the right side light, across to the left side light then along the frame to the engine well and through the firewall. You’ll need to drop your spare tire, left side wheel well liners need to be removed, the left side in floor storage bin, if you have them, needs to be removed then you need to contort yourself into a pretzel to plug the wires into their respective slots under the left side of the dash.

WHY I did not do, too hard to be a pretzel than get back up. Since I have full tonneau cover, it does have a dinky LED light in cover. Keith, enjoying the heat? LOL... I am hoping here in the center of the state we get some rain soon, may have to do some type of Rain dance, sure there a video on You Tube somewhere, LOL.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would imagine that a tool like the AlfaOBD might program things like that
OP has a 2022, gonna have to get security bypass cable also, and wire in, or an unlocked PCM.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
WHY I did not do, too hard to be a pretzel than get back up. Since I have full tonneau cover, it does have a dinky LED light in cover. Keith, enjoying the heat? LOL... I am hoping here in the center of the state we get some rain soon, may have to do some type of Rain dance, sure there a video on You Tube somewhere, LOL.
Sign me up for the rain dance. We need it here too.

Had a “17” Lonestar Silver edition. It just came with the bed lights. I’ve had a hard tonneau on all my trucks. So, after being spoiled with the lights on the 17 they were an absolute must on the 19.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sign me up for the rain dance. We need it here too.

Had a “17” Lonestar Silver edition. It just came with the bed lights. I’ve had a hard tonneau on all my trucks. So, after being spoiled with the lights on the 17 they were an absolute must on the 19.
Guess could wire in LED strips, and run like power off the 4 way or 7 pin, and put some type of switch. But my RAM is mostly just a driveway princess, so no need to go that far. If I have to get to the back, I got a 1000 lumen light in house, and carry a 500 in truck, LOL.

TheNinja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
First time Ram owner, first post on Ramforum.com. Just picked up my 2022 Big Horn 6.4l hemi this past Saturday. I had the bed liner sprayed in a the dealer and added a Gator Tonneau cover; LED bed lights is something I have been looking to add since before I got the truck. Like Turkeybird56's post, I'm seriously considering tapping into the 7 pin and watched a guy do it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArtoUctsRSo. I'd likely go with different lights and switch but the concept of tapping into the power already at the rear of the truck is pretty appealing.

Chan_man808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go take a look at the 5thgenrams forum they have it explained with how to do it, uses a normal wire harness you can order all the parts for about $150.

Attachments

• D786B7F7-E30E-4381-BFE1-51AC0E7E3DB2.jpeg
    D786B7F7-E30E-4381-BFE1-51AC0E7E3DB2.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 20

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8

Thanks for the explanation. There are DIY projects and there are DDIY projects….. for me, based on your good descriptions, this is a Don’t DIY kind of project… :)