2022 Laramie question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkH13

Reaction score
New here and hope to hang around. I am looking at building a 2022 Laramie 4x4 and think I might be missing something. I see that on a Big Horn you can order HUD but I don't see that option on a Laramie. I see where the Advanced Safety Group was just added back as an option a few days ago and that they changed the Level A & B packages back to Level 1 & 2. Am I missing something and HUD is in another package or is it not being offered on the Laramie currently? Do any of you smart people know or have heard a rumor that it will be offered again shortly if it isn't currently available? Currently a Silverado owner and looking to jump ship hopefully. Here is what I am looking at ordering just as an FYI: 2022 Patriot Blue Laramie, 5.7 eTorque, Adv. Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Chrome App. Group, Level 2 Equip. Group, 20" Paint/Polished Wheels, Wheel to Wheel Steps, Rambox (probably), Bucket Seats, 12" w/Nav & Sunroof. Thanks for all the help!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The ramtrucks.com build site has issues. Your best bet would be to speak with a dealership about what options they can add using their configurator.

OP
OP
M

MarkH13

Reaction score
Awesome. I appreciate that. I was configuring online because work is buying it and didn't want to bother a dealer. We order through someone other than the dealer and get healthy discounts. I'll find a salesman to help me.
Thanks again!

randyr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
It wasn't even an option on my 2022 Laramie 3500 (HUD). It is best you go to a dealer. I built my truck online and then went to the dealer; it still took 2 1/2 hours to "rebuild" as many packages have changes you can only see at the dealer. The A and B packages are 1 and 2 at the dealer and they removed some things and added others. I think their trying to modify what the chips can do from their original intent, thus causing changes. Going to a dealer is highly recommended and say NOTHING if you do not want to order at that time. Some dealers aren't very helpful when they don't think you want to order. When I did it and we were done I had them print me a build sheet showing everything I wanted, I still had to come home a look up what was in some packages (GET THE DEALER TO PRINT what in your packages-it WILL BE WORTH IT). I did Not order from that dealer because he wanted me to pay sticker, went to another dealer and got $1750.00 of prior to ordering. Good luck and you will LOVE THE LARIMIE--I have pics on this site somewhere of the inside. It so nice having a column shifter again!!!

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Right, you can walk into any dealer and have them build you a truck, get the build sheet from them and then let them know you’ll think about it before putting in an actual order. You are just asking them for a quote on a truck you want to build. Then you can use the build sheet for any where you want to go.

I like your list, good choices.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
no eTorque for me or Rambox..good idea but I have not seen any that the lids fit straight and clean..I liked the system on my old avalanche where the lid was on the top side and didnt show. coming from chevy, you will probably like the comfort and ride of the laramie. I had a '17 sierra 4x4 ccsb slt before and the ram handles so much better. sound system better and little things like the "recliner" back seat and indirect lighting are cool.

OP
OP
M

MarkH13

Reaction score
I found a local dealer that helped me, the first two were rude. According to him yhey werent offering a lot of different packages but they did have HUD. Our fleet company said that Ram is pushing orders back so much that they are waiting until '23's come out to place any new orders. It probably would end up being about the same time frame to get either one. I will impatiently wait lol. I get it, the supply chain is so screwed up. I am in purchasing so i fight it every day but it doesn't make me happy...neither will waiting on a '23 but it will be worth it!

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
A dealer that won't use help you configure a truck!

So... this guy lots of inventory on the lot How did he manage that?

Or, he's a dope.

OP
OP
M

MarkH13

Reaction score
I would go with dope theory...although that's not the exact word I used.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Before you buy a loaded up Laramie check the prices of the Limited. You can price a Laramie to a Limted and not get all the features.

Also my personal advice, get the

RAMBOX with bed utility group
And
Multifunction Tailgate

OP
OP
M

MarkH13

Reaction score
Thanks for the thought and I appreciate it. Being a company vehicle it's easier to justify a loaded Laramie than a Limited unfortunately. I actually looked at that route and it's about the same money.

I wasn't sure how practical the Multifunction tailgate would be for me. I like the idea but just wasn't sure I would use it enough. What usually goes in my truck bed is either nothing really or it's on a pallet.