2022 RAM 2500 cell phone keeps switching audio back and forth between truck and phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
After no issues with cell phone for 2 years, now when I make or receive a call the sound comes from the truck as it is set to do, then after 10 seconds or so it transfers sound to the phone. Then sometime during the call it will suddenly transfer back to the truck again. I called the dealership and service asked if I had a 5G phone, which I do. She said the trucks are not programmed to handle 5G. If that is the case, why has it worked for 2 years?? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
my guess would be that if it has worked for 2 years it is probably because 2 years ago there was very little 5g to be had and you were most likely operating on 4g. now that there is more availability of 5g, the truck struggles to get a signal it can handle. just a WAG