2023 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn Etorque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWA984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Hi all, I have a 2023 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn that has the 5.7 Etorque. So far, the only thing I've been able to notice is starting and stopping... a bit "jerky" if that is the correct terminology. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what has or can be done?

JoshsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I am pretty sure it's normal. I get it on my 2021 as well (though mine is 2WD). The best way I've found to mitigate it is, after coming off the brake and the engine re-engages, to give it 1-2 seconds before I roll into the gas pedal.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
It's normal, especially if you are quick on the throttle as the engine is starting.

It is w-a-y better than traditional start/stop that uses the vehicle's starter. RAM claims 400 msec to initiate starting with the BSG (Brake Start Generator) that sits in place of the alternator.

It is very noticeable going between non-eTorque (my RAM) and eTorque (my dad's RAM).

To mitigate that you can gently pump the brake to start the engine when you know you are about to go. This will get the engine running for a bit so you don't have to wait for the engine to start to get rolling.

You can also be a little slower between the brake and gas pedal as JoshsRam said to give the engine time to start before you give it gas to go.

Last edited:

lezmark7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am pretty sure it's normal. I get it on my 2021 as well (though mine is 2WD). The best way I've found to mitigate it is, after coming off the brake and the engine re-engages, to give it 1-2 seconds before I roll into the gas pedal.
like he said - I have the same truck - love it BTW

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Same here - I just pause a split second after releasing the brake before I move my foot to the accelerator. The brake pumping idea is a good one too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357