2024 Laramie - Ham Radio / GMRS Antenna Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2EPM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am looking for Options on an easy way to mount and NMO or UHF style antenna mount on my 2024 Laramie.

With my '98 Durango and two Wrangler JKs I used a bracket that mounted to an existing fender bolt under the hood. However, with the RAM it seems because of the variations in hoods between 4th Gen and 5th Gen, then add "classic" to the mix a lot of people have no idea what they aree selling.

Any thoughts? Pictures, etc?

svanarts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Which bands will you be operating on?

I only use 2M in my truck so I have a small, thin MFJ antenna with mag mount on the top of the cab. The wire coming from the antenna isn't much bigger than a thick piece of string so I just slam it in the rear passenger side door. Fish the cable down the side of the back seat, under the rear floor mat and up between the passenger seat and my center console where I have my el cheapo BTech radio mounted. I don't do HF at all so I won't be much help there.

73 de N6SVA

skates15

Reaction score
Regarding ham radios, how popular are these and can you talk with people from all over the world?