20s Front 22s Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClayBonics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone ever see or do 20's up front and 22s in the rear of there truck. Obviously more of a sport truck setup.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Seen a couple of 4g's over the years on different forums. Im a wannabe since i have 17's on the front and 18's in the rear. Lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The only thing I don't like about the staggered wheel size is that the sidewall on the rear tires is usually considerably smaller which doesn't look right IMO. It takes some tricky suspension work to pull that off.

OP
OP
C

ClayBonics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing I don't like about the staggered wheel size is that the sidewall on the rear tires is usually considerably smaller which doesn't look right IMO. It takes some tricky suspension work to pull that off.

I would try an do it so the side walls on the back wheels are the same or more.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That would look nice, but to make it look right, you would also need to drop the front more than the back. If the rear wheels are 22's with the same sidewall, then it will be about a 2" taller tire than the fronts. This means your front end will need to come down another 2" to even the fender gap up with the back. Otherwise, the rear tires look stuffed in the fender, and the fronts have a large gap.

OP
OP
C

ClayBonics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck has a slight rack now. I know there are not Rams and they are older trucks but just to get on the same lines I am thinking. Not the easiest subject to find on trucks.
attachment.jpg
3ad750dd.jpg

OP
OP
C

ClayBonics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I did go different size wheels and/or tires front to back would it throw a code? I know some cars it can mess up the braking ABS

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
It looks great, but you got to have a good stance to pull it off.