23 Uconnect USB audio from phone Headunit stuck 'Reading'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skates15

Reaction score
Hello. I'm trying to stream audio from my android phone using an audio USB-C cable from my phone to the USB-C port on the console of my 23 1500 with the 9 speaker Alpine system and 12" Uconnect5.

When I plug the cable into the console and go to Source in the Uconnect, and play audio from Spotify the head unit icon for the USB source changes from USB1 To MTB and seems to be stuck 'Reading' the source.

I've tried both USB-C and USB-A and same results.

Am I supposed to use an USB-C cable (OTG cable) that supports both charging and data?

Anyone confirm that you can stream audio from your phone to the head unit using a USB cable?

Thanks.for.the help.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can't see what gen truck you have, and also if this is original equipment or you upgraded the sound system. The best I can say is that your truck should be capable of having music streamed directly from phone to radio without a wire via Bluetooth and also wired in if connected to correct plug. My best guess is your cord may not sufficient to transfer data. Try a OEM phone cord or get a 3.1 or 3.2 Gen 2 cord from a quality manufacturer like Anker. I have seen many times where a cord worked one time and not the next, so for whatever reason the cord may have gone bad.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
Its a 23 1500 high-end with the 9 speaker alpine system 12" Uconnect 5. I'm trying to stream from my phone via USB-C to USB-C cable,, plugging it into the USB-C port closes to the driver on the console.

The problem KS either I didn't use a USB OTG cable which is for data and charging, or the issue is that Spotify outputs a format that the USB console port doesn't support. I think the console supports MP3 And Spot ivy outputs a different format

I'm going to try a OTG USB cable and if that doesn't work, ill encode the Spotify format to MP3 and try that.