2500 6.4 Exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So just got home with my new truck yesterday, noticed a ticking, climbed underneath "small exhaust leak" on what looks like a resonator? so from the back to the front. muffler is past the axle, then there is a ____ ? Resonator? then it hits the 2-1 collection clamp. My question is.. 1 - What the hell is that thing the size of 3 mufflers combined. 2- i wanna unbolt it, and replace from the 2-1 collector back. At the 2-1 collector.. the exhaust gets pretty smashed, so back pressure wont be a issue... i just need to know what it is. I am sure someone knows..

Thanks for all you're help!!!

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Some guys have just deleted the resonator all together. A few of us have cut out the Y pipe and remove all the stock exhaust true dual exhaust and installed (2) mufflers out to (2) tips.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
you have 2 cats located on your Y-pipe ( 1 on each side ). then your exhaust gets merged at the ridiculously smashed collector. then you should have a larger muffler ( small keg ) before the rear axle. After the rear axle the is a larger resonator.

personally, do the y-pipe mod using a Magnaflow universal 2 into 1 collector, then run a single 3.5''-4'', or dual 2.5" exhaust out the back. Of course you choose whatever your muffler preference is.

Reactions: KTM
OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
awesome thanks.. i will prolly leave the cats/ y pipe.. and just bolt up a 4 inch back from there with a good muffler, Thanks for you're input guys!!

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
you dont have to completely swap the Y-pipe assembly, just have a custom exhaust shop remove just the merge point of the Y. swapping that out with a universal magnaflow will improve the exhaust flow. Not saying it will give you like 15 hp lol, but if your already under the truck, why not improve that little thing.

HorseManAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Ram 2500
Subscribed. Still thinking about an exhaust for mine, but I want something with no drone.