2500 HD Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol I guess I'm the weird outcast of the bunch. Coming from a gen III quad cab power wagon I couldn't imagine trying to squeeze the larger gen IV on the trails. My plan this time is to build my Bighorn up like a PW slow but sure, and at least keep the better towing as well.

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
"She Who Must be Obeyed" said if I got one she did not like it with the Funky Looking Decals!
I don't like them either it can be ordered without the decals though.

I wonder what kinda badging the 2015 has without the decals? There are so many different pics floating around the 'Net its hard to say for certain what it would look like.

Jaxyaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you need the payload the power wagons is reduced

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wonder what kinda badging the 2015 has without the decals? There are so many different pics floating around the 'Net its hard to say for certain what it would look like.

You could order the 2014's without the decals, most dealers didn't though.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have a 2015 PW. The decals come off very easily here in the Texas summer sun. Just pulled some of them off this week. And no hint of faded/not faded paint on my black PW.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

Since this Power Wagon decal post from January 2015 was recently resurrected it got me to thinking as to the life expectancy of the vinyl decals in hot areas similar to the Texas summer sunshine. From 5 to 7 years appears to be the life expectancy with outdoor use of vinyl decals per my internet search from the manufacturer. Could last indefinitely though if the vehicle is stored in a environmentally and climate controlled clean garage. That's not the real world for our PW's.

From my personal experience with vinyl decals on previous trucks which weren't garaged their decals began peeling and cracking within the shorter years of the manufacturer estimate. I live near Grand Junction of which the climate is similar to that of Moab (64 miles away as the crow flies). Lots and lots of nearly continuously high desert sunshine throughout the year.

I would expect that a 2014 PW purchased back in January 2015 would still have approximately 1.5 to 3.5 years on the decal life out here, if the PW was parked consistently outside, prior to fading, cracking, peeling, and looking both cheap and ugly.

I also removed my PW decal soon after purchased.

Last edited: