2500 Order placed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricknhank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Crew Cab,
After about a month of trying to locate a 3/4 ton truck on a dealer lot I ordered a new 2500 Limited Longhorn today. Pearl White, 6.4 8speed with 4.10 gears, rear air suspension, Longhorn Group 1Equipment, Towing Technology package, Safety Group, Trailer Surround Camera System, Snow Chief Group. Now the waiting game starts.
Hank

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Congrats!!! They are saying about 14-16 weeks from order to delivery. I ordered my 3500 1/31/22 & am currently in D1 status. It is a long time to wait. My 2500 that I ordered in 2016 only took 6 weeks & I thought then that was a long time. Should be worth it when we get them though.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
from the time you receive the D1 Status
figure 2 or 3 weeks before the build begins
then 2 days to build it
Then up to a week at the Body Vendor, for things like Hitch Receivers, Side Steps & other things that go on the exterior of the vehicle
Then they schedule for Transit

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
After about a month of trying to locate a 3/4 ton truck on a dealer lot I ordered a new 2500 Limited Longhorn today. Pearl White, 6.4 8speed with 4.10 gears, rear air suspension, Longhorn Group 1Equipment, Towing Technology package, Safety Group, Trailer Surround Camera System, Snow Chief Group. Now the waiting game starts.
Hank
Glad to see after all the previous thread comments that you came to a resolution. Sounds like it’s going to be a beauty!

OP
OP
Bricknhank

Bricknhank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Crew Cab,
Here’s what the dealer told me, I’m not sure if it’s true however; they said that any options that say “Mopar” on the order drag out the time. As a for instance, he showed me an order for a truck that said Mopar spray-in bed liner. He said that once the bed is manufactured then they have to ship it to wherever the Mopar bed-liner is applied and then ship it back for assembly. If that’s true than I guess I understand the extra time for some of those things. Hearing that I did a spray-in bedliner delete on the order. I can have Linex apply a bedliner once I get the truck. The salesman and I worked with the sales manager that places all of the orders and he reviewed my order. He said that they are also having delays with the retractable running boards. Since I preferred wheel-to-wheel running boards anyway so it could help access to the bed from behind the rear door, we deleted the retractables and added the longer in place running boards. I never had problems with the retractable boards on my current 1500 but I certainly can see the potential for problems, especially with Chicago winters. Lastly, the Longhorns and Limited’s come with 20” wheels. I always thought that the ride was better with 18” wheels so we were able to substitute the 20’s for 18’s.

matemike

Reaction score
May the ram chips be in your favor.

I ordered mine Dec 18. Laramie, night edition, hemi, 3.73, Level B equip group, offroad package, cargo camera, digital rear view mirror.
It was built March 5th. Been waiting on a train ever since.
I was given 16-20 weeks as estimate.

April 9th will be 16 weeks (not gonna happen)
May 7th will be 20 weeks (fingers crossed)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Brinknhank

This is 100% FALSE
Mopar spray-in bed liner. He said that once the bed is manufactured then they have to ship it to wherever the Mopar bed-liner is applied and then ship it back for assembly.

The truth is the Ram is completely built
Then the whole truck goes to a Body Vendor, sometimes the body vendor is on the assembly line property, sometimes is within a few miles,
The body vendor adds all the add ons, in other words exterior parts
like Hitch Receivers, side steps, roof cab lights, spray in liner, bumper guards, fender flares, etc.
Then the truck is returned to the assembly plant for Final Inspection. From Inspection, it is scheduled for Transit.
The Freight Railway track spur line is on the assembly plant property, at least at the Ram 1500s plants
I have not seen an overhead view of the Heavy Duty Ram plant

matemike

Reaction score
we deleted the retractables and added the longer in place running boards.

Lastly, the Longhorns and Limited’s come with 20” wheels. I always thought that the ride was better with 18” wheels so we were able to substitute the 20’s for 18’s.

Cool. I hope all that works out for you. I guess I was wishing for the moon and the stars when I wanted a limited, but I wanted the 8.4" screen, 18" wheels, and solid running boards as well. I simply could not get any of that done. So I ordered a Laramie.

Sounds like your truck is going to be perfect for ya. Good job on that build.

OP
OP
Bricknhank

Bricknhank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Crew Cab,
I originally was going to get a Laramie but the Trailer Reverse Guidance, Surround View Camera System and the Trailer Surround-View Camera System we’re unavailable on that model and since I’m buying this for towing I couldn’t see not getting those options.
One thing I discovered after I ordered (although I wouldn’t have changed my order) is that the Harman-Kardon sound system appears to take up most if not all of the rear under seat storage. I was counting on that space for tool storage etc since I now have the Rambox Option but didn’t order it on this truck. I’ll have to work something else out. I need to do some research on the Undercover SwingCase bed storage boxes that fit behind the wheel well.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Brinknhank

This is 100% FALSE
Mopar spray-in bed liner. He said that once the bed is manufactured then they have to ship it to wherever the Mopar bed-liner is applied and then ship it back for assembly.

Then the whole truck goes to a Body Vendor, sometimes the body vendor is on the assembly line property, sometimes is within a few miles,
like Hitch Receivers, side steps, roof cab lights, spray in liner, bumper guards, fender flares, etc.
Then the truck is returned to the assembly plant for Final Inspection. From Inspection, it is scheduled for Transit.
The Freight Railway track spur line is on the assembly plant property, at least at the Ram 1500s plants
Body vendor? At Saltillo? For those items mentioned? Please expand on this. Thx

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On the assembly line they build the Ram itself, when it is completed
It is sent to a Body Vendor
The Body Vendor may be owned by Mopar, or it may be be another company that is under contract to Mopar & that body vendor would be close to the assembly plant.

The Body Vendor installs the Exterior Accessories, such as,
Hitch Receiver
Side Steps
Cab Clearance Lights
Tonneau Cover
Spray in Bedliner

At the Warren Michigan Assembly Plant, Where they build the Classic Rams ( Gen 4 ) body style
Body vendor is on the opposite side of town, it is called Ground Effects Limited, https://www.gfxltd.com/
( who is partially owned by Line-X )

Just down the road, in the town of Sterling Heights Michigan
Where they build the 5th Gen Rams
The Body Vendor is on the Assembly Plants property
( it may be run by Mopar Underground, but i don't know )

It may be “MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND”

Mopar Custom Shop video

Had to research a bit to get that info :)

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Thx GTyankee. FYI the hitch receiver and the clearance lights are installed in TCF and not at an external 3rd party place. The clearance lights are needed as the truck goes through 100% water test. They are also needed for mid-line and final line electrical tests. The hitch is installed on the Chassis (the C in TCF) Line or comes in as part of the rear chassis module.

Last edited:

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like a nice truck. Good luck and I hope it comes quickly. No more 7 week turn around times like it was when I ordered my truck. Enjoy.

Red

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Brinknhank

This is 100% FALSE

From the satellite view of the plant it looks like the body vendor is only about 100 yards away from the plant. In fact there are several buildings around the plant that look like vendors of some sort. But there is one that has a lot of trucks sitting in the lot that have black beds so I am assuming that is for the bed liners.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The salesman and I worked with the sales manager that places all of the orders and he reviewed my order. He said that they are also having delays with the retractable running boards. Since I preferred wheel-to-wheel running boards anyway so it could help access to the bed from behind the rear door, we deleted the retractables and added the longer in place running boards. I never had problems with the retractable boards on my current 1500 but I certainly can see the potential for problems, especially with Chicago winters.
You can get wheel to wheel retraceables also, at least on the Limited Longhorn and Limited.
Lastly, the Longhorns and Limited’s come with 20” wheels. I always thought that the ride was better with 18” wheels so we were able to substitute the 20’s for 18’s.
You can get 18's on the Limited Longhorn. That is THE reason I ordered that model instead of the Limited.

Congrats on your truck! Hope you get it soon. I ordered my 2500 last week from Granger in Iowa. The price, which is protected from any factory increases, is $10k off MSRP. They do about 4% under invoice there on ordered trucks.

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hank
Nice choice for a Ram. How long did they tell you for delivery?