2wd shock tower modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Alright guys just thinking out loud and checking to see who else has been tossing around these ideas.

I'm wanting to upgrade the front suspension to 4x4 style coilover. Easy part is to use the 4x4 lower control arm for the lower mounting point.

Now the upper shock tower obviously needs to be cut out and either the 4x4 would need to be welded in or something like dirt king's upper mounted.

My concern on the dirt king stock towers are they are taller than the 4x4 attaching point but I won't know unless I spent $400 to find out

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'd talk to a local shop and see what they say about the top mount. They might be able to do something rather than welding in factory 4wd cups. I have a couple shops in AZ you could reach out to

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'd talk to a local shop and see what they say about the top mount. They might be able to do something rather than welding in factory 4wd cups. I have a couple shops in AZ you could reach out to

I was thinking just use the dirt king ones if they will accept the current 4x4 offerings. The cups with fox shock install calcs out to those custom length king shocks they have.

But yeah shoot me a PM or post em in this thread on who you'd recommend.

Littlecrazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what did you end up doing I was looking at **** the same thing. I Have the maxtrac 4.5 lift now and had the maxtrac 7" but the upper control arm hit the coil cup so I went back down to the 4.5.

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
So what did you end up doing I was looking at **** the same thing. I Have the maxtrac 4.5 lift now and had the maxtrac 7" but the upper control arm hit the coil cup so I went back down to the 4.5.

I still haven't done anything yet. I just upgraded my rears to Bilstein w reservoir. Waiting to install those.

But as far as what's needed you'll need the Coilover of choice, 4x4 lower control arm, and then the top coil modification to accept the proper length coilover.